We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cinque Terre Ferry Schedule

Southaven, MS
Level Contributor
27 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Cinque Terre Ferry Schedule

We will be visiting Cinque Terre in the fall of 2011. I have read somewhere that the ferries "stop in October."

I have visited http://www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/ and looked at their schedule PDF but I don't see that it mentions discontinuing of the schedule in the fall.

Will the ferries be running normally in October?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cinque Terre Ferry Schedule

From memory (because as you say, there is no way to check online) ferries do run in October, but on a reduced schedule compared to now, and whether they run to the very end of October I do not know. Unfortunately, the website only ever shows whatever timetable is currently running.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cinque Terre Ferry Schedule

They were running on the 22nd of Oct, 2010 when we rode one.

London, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cinque Terre Ferry Schedule

Will be visiting Cinque Terre also on October 20th. Hoping the ferries still run around this time.

Orlando, Florida
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cinque Terre Ferry Schedule

I hope the ferries are running in October as I want to take them in October also. This link shows that they are not running past Sept. 11th this year!

…computernopanic.com/USER_CONTENT/49/pdf/tra…

Edited: 12:17 pm, August 03, 2011
United States
Level Contributor
9,740 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cinque Terre Ferry Schedule

In the past the ferries have run until the Nov 1st holiday. This notice on the ferry web site states that service will run until Nov 1 this year.

www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/eventi.asp…

The link above ( #4) refers to service which is outside the CT region.

Service within the CT area has normal service.

…computernopanic.com/USER_CONTENT/49/pdf/tra…

TAB

San Diego...
Level Contributor
165 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cinque Terre Ferry Schedule

I see this is an old post... i clicked your link above and it appears the ferry will run until Nov 4 this year? Am i reading this correctly?

United States
Level Contributor
9,740 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cinque Terre Ferry Schedule

You are reading it correctly. However if the weather turns rough, service can be stopped any time. I've been there in early Nov with both beautiful weather and storms.

TAB

San Diego...
Level Contributor
165 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cinque Terre Ferry Schedule

Yikes! Will hope for the best!

9. Re: Cinque Terre Ferry Schedule

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, July 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Cinque Terre