We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would 7 - 10 days in September be too long in CT

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
194 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Would 7 - 10 days in September be too long in CT

We are planning a trip next September for my wife and I with her parents. We have heard good things about Cinque Terra. We do not want to spend a lot of time in Venice or Rome and we were thinking of about 8 days her, with a few in Tuscany and maybe a couple in Milan/Venice/Rome to fly in and out. Being a smaller area, is it an area that you can enjoy for a longer stay?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
612 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Would 7 - 10 days in September be too long in CT

abuck75- We just returned from a week in CT. We stayed at the Casa Capellini in Manorola. They have one apartment and two rooms. (several reviews on tripadvisor) It was perfect for us. We like to do most of our own cooking to control costs and we love browsing through local grocery stores. We hiked 4 days in different areas. One day we ended up going to LaSpezia just because it was the next train and it didn't make any difference. We just browsed the shops, sat in a park to soak up some sun, eat our lunch, and wait for the shops to re-open after the "lunch" break, and fell over a large grocery store just outside the train station and shopped for the last 3 days worth of food. One day we had pre-planned to go to Florence to see David and my husband's mission to find the School of Leather, which he did. (He bought a sportscoat which he must wear to every event until the day he dies, then it will be recycled to someone else!). We didn't care much for the crowds in CT but when people showed up we hit the trails or layed on the beach in Monterosso (under the pier for me, sun husband). The 7 days flew by. The best part was sitting on our deck watching the locals in the evening. The little old lady across the alley would come out on her deck and watch the tourists. Manarola is dead quiet at night. This was probably the most relaxing vacation we have ever had. We also had a week in Venice (another great apartment there) and 4 nights in Bruges (fabulous gusthouse there). Every place was completely different and we had time to enjoy them all. Lynclarke

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Would 7 - 10 days in September be too long in CT

Gerlis ~> Nice to see you in CT.

We have one day to take in and enjoy CT. We really don't want to miss it, but can only offer it one day in high season. So it will be busy as someone suggested but can't pass it up. The beauty and the sea air etc.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i1868-Stampedin…

13. Re: Would 7 - 10 days in September be too long in CT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, August 12, 2009