We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Next years trip to Cinque Terre

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Next years trip to Cinque Terre

Would love some help with my plans for next May. I'm flying into Pisa on a Saturday early morning and leaving very early the following Wednesday. I must spend the Tuesday night in Pisa because the flight is so early. At the moment my thoughts are to go straight to Cinque terre, spend Saturday and Sunday nights there, and also spend the Monday night and most of the next day in Lucca. Last year I stayed two nights in Pisa, doing a day trip to Lucca which I totally adored. I decided I wanted to go back and stay there however whilst doing some research on the area on TA , I have decided I want to visit the Cinque Terre too !!!!

I know I have limited time but can't stay longer due to family commitments. What are the best of the towns to spend most time in? I would like to do at least 2 of the walks between towns, and perhaps do a boat trip of some kind so any suggestions would be most welcome.

Nicola

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Next years trip to Cinque Terre

would also maybe like to go for a swim while there either at one of the beaches or pool . Which town has the nicest beach ?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,132 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Next years trip to Cinque Terre

Only Monterosso has a proper beach. Vernazza has a pocket handkerchief of one. The sea will not be very warm in May, though some hardy people (not me) do swim at that time..

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,193 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Next years trip to Cinque Terre

Vernazza is the most scenic town, but Manarola is also picturesque and charming. Monterosso is the largest and most touristy town.

It’s too early for swimming in May and the Cinque Terre towns have limited space, so no pools.

Vagabonda

pisa
Level Contributor
752 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Next years trip to Cinque Terre

maybe you may reach pisa, rent the car ot take the train and travel for a couple of days to CT, then come back to pisa or lucca, or maybe to a village (maybe san giuliano terme or vecchianoo) in the middle of them. pisa and lucca are very close each other and i men it's better an only accomodation to visit both...

silvia

5. Re: Next years trip to Cinque Terre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 13, 2010