We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

treno card

BURNSVILLE
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
treno card

We will be in Vernazza for 3 days arriving by train in La Spezia from Milan.

Will the Treno card be best as we will also need train return to La Spezia?

Treno card includes hikes , does it include boat and bus?

Thanks

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,550 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: treno card

Have a look at the train schedules for Vernazza and Milan. You do not need to change trains in LaSpezia.

There are many trains between the two cities which do not use LaSpezia.

www.trenitalia.com/en/index.html

The reason that I mention this is that then you might not want to buy the train card for all 3 days in the CT.

The train card includes the trains,trails and the local buses from LaSpezia to Levanto. It does not include the boats.

Enjoy!!

BURNSVILLE
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: treno card

Thank you for the reply. We will get CT card only.

Do you know what the "Familia" fare means on the trains. My husband and I will be travelling together and it shows "20%".

Would that be available to tourists?

Grazie

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,550 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: treno card

The fare which you should try and book is the Amica. This offers a 20% discount on most trains except the REgionals. You need to purchase at least 24 hours in advance and there are limited numbers of seats at this price.

Depending on your daily program for the CT, you might want to purchase a train card for part of the visit.

Enjoy!!

4. Re: treno card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, September 28, 2009