We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this possible?

South Florida...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is this possible?

We want to go from Venice to the Cinque Terre in late Aug/early Sept 2008 for 2 nights. What's the quickest way - train or fly to Genova or Pisa and then train into CT? Only flights I found changed in Rome and we don't want to do that as after the CT we will be going to Rome. From CT thought we could go to San Gimignano for 1 night. I wanted to get a taste of Tuscany country side. Can we train there from CT? Then from there go onto Rome on train. Am I trying to do way too much in a short time? Should we stay in CT for 3 nights and go from there onto Rome on train and skip San Gimignano? If so, will we see Tuscany country side on the way or can I go down the coast. We are in ok shape, however we are in our late 50's. Am I trying to run us ragged? We want to have 2 nights in Rome and then we leave on a 10 night Mediterraen cruise. I'm getting webbed out researching this trip so much. Thanks to anyone who can give us advice from experience.

Lynn55 - from USA Florida

vernazza
Level Contributor
342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this possible?

Hello Lynn

From Venice to CT can you catch train to Milan and then to Genova _ CT Can you look at

www,trenitalia.com

good stay mino

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
671 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this possible?

Train travel through Tuscany is not very good so getting to San Gimignano would probably be a combination of train and bus. Similarly to go from San G to Rome. I would add the day either to CT or

Rome and visit Tuscany another time.

South Florida...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this possible?

Thanks for your reply. In looking at this, you are correct. We've decided to go from Venice to Florence and stay there 2 nights and do a day trip down to Siena and San Gimignano. Then go onto the CT and stay there 1 night. From the CT we will go all the way down to Rome. I think this will work.

4. Re: Is this possible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:30 am, September 25, 2009