We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CT Card Confusion/Conflicting Reports

Seattle
Level Contributor
336 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
CT Card Confusion/Conflicting Reports

There seems to be conflicting information on the Cinque Terre Card (the one that combines the trails and transportation). Someone mentioned that Rick Steve’s website states that the transportation portion is no longer available—are they just not bundled together any longer? Someone else that just returned from CT wrote that the CT Card is still available.

We will be traveling from Florence to Vernazza and will be arriving midday in La Spezia by train. I guess what I really want to know is this:

1. Are there still passes for the local trains?

2. Are they still combined with the hiking trails?

3. If still available, does the train pass cover La Spezia too?

Do I need to book ahead the train from La Spezia to Vernazza, or plan on buying a ticket, or a 3 day pass upon arrival in LS?

Thank you for helping clear up the confusion!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
651 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CT Card Confusion/Conflicting Reports

We got back from Cinque Terre last week, and there are two types of cards you can buy. You can buy a card just for the hiking trails, or you can buy a card that covers the hiking trails and the trains. So, yes, the combo cards are still available. We used the combo card, hiked for a bit, and took the train back to our home base. I believe the card covers the trains to La Spezia -- my recollection is that La Spezia was the last stop covered by the card in that direction.

Seattle
Level Contributor
336 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CT Card Confusion/Conflicting Reports

Thanks travelbug. Is the pass something easy to pick up at the LS station? We will be there midday, so don't imagine it would be closed. Thanks,

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
105,040 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: CT Card Confusion/Conflicting Reports

There's a park office in the La Spezia train station next to the baggage check office, and Internet Point. It's open daily from 7:00 to 20:00. The Cinque Terre Card will cover the train ride from La Spezia to the Cinque Terre, the park entrance fees, local trains from Levanto to La Soezia, and shuttle buses.

Seattle
Level Contributor
336 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CT Card Confusion/Conflicting Reports

Vagabonda~

Thank you for the info--It is exactly what I was looking for.

Recess

London, Uk
Level Contributor
21 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CT Card Confusion/Conflicting Reports

Back from Monterosso on Wednesday, just to confirm that the system has changed slightly, in that there are now two types of card, one including the trains, one which doesn't. They cover anything from one day upwards, and are very good value if you intend to travel around on a combination of the trains, buses and footpaths. N.b. they don't cover the boats, although I think they might give a small discount.

Have a great trip.

Ian

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
105,040 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: CT Card Confusion/Conflicting Reports

The Cinque Terre Card (one discussed above) covers the hiking and transportation.

The card which doesn't cover the transportation is called The Hiking Pass!

Houston
Level Contributor
318 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CT Card Confusion/Conflicting Reports

I think we will be interested in the Cinque Terre card. Does anyone have an idea of how much it will cost for 48 hours?

Thanks!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: CT Card Confusion/Conflicting Reports

I am also doing research for my upcoming trip to Italy.

Seems that a 2-day card costs 8 Euro (hiking only) and 13.5 Euro (hiking + transportation) respectively, effective 10/3/07.

See this website:

www.baranin.com/default.php…

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
105,040 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: CT Card Confusion/Conflicting Reports

The Hiking Pass costs E3. Kids under 4 are free. It's valid for one day, includes a map, and will cover all the trails, but no bus or train transportation. It's easy to purchase at park offices, trailheads, and train stations.

The Cinque Terre card covers park entrance fees, hiking and transportation, shuttle buses, and trains from La Spezia to Levanto, and includes a map, train schedule and brochure. This card can't be purchased at trailheads, but is available at the Tourist Information in the train stations. Again, kids under 4 are free, but kids 4-11 pay half-price.

Cost:

1 day: E5.40

3 days :E13

week: E20.60

vernazza
Level Contributor
342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: CT Card Confusion/Conflicting Reports

Hello Recess

The cinque terre card cost 5 euro for 1 day .---- 8 euro for 2 days

10 euro for 3 days (comprensive path--visit museum --shuttle bus

and so on

The cinque terre card more local train (from Levanto to La Spezia) cost

8 euro for 1day --- 13.50 for 2 days -- 18.50 for 3 days

Can you buy the ticket in every point office national park (in the La Spezia you find point office near the exit on the first track

good planning

mino

from Vernazza 5 terre