We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day? What to see?

Which Trieste hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
715 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
One day? What to see?

If you only have one day. ( I have one and a half) and a 14 and 9 year old what should I do?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day? What to see?

Visit Castello Miramare. This can be reached by catching a bus from just across the road from the train station. I forget which bus number. The Castello is set in a beautiful park along the waterfront. There is also a cantre for environmental education in the grounds where you can see various animals, so it a very kid friendly place.

Edited: 6:12 pm, October 21, 2012
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,620 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day? What to see?

Take the tram ride to Villa Opacina. It's an old tram that goes up the Trieste hillside. I believe you can catch this tram from Piazza Delmazia, not too far from the train station. You can also catch the bus to Miramare from the same piazza. I think it's the #38, but I am not sure.

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
715 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day? What to see?

Thanks these both sound great

Trieste, Italy
Level Contributor
853 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day? What to see?

Hi DrjessB!

Unfortunately the old tram of Opicina had an accident and it will stop until next March 2013.

For those who visit Trieste after restoring the tram, the departure station isn't Piazza Dalmazia, but Piazza Oberdan (Oberdan Square).

To get to the castle of Miramare take the number 36 bus in Piazza Oberdan where there is also the terminus or near the central train station where there is a bus stop.

In Trieste you can not miss a visit to the central Piazza Unità, the largest square open the sea all over Europe.

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
715 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One day? What to see?

Loved that square !

Trieste, Italy
Level Contributor
853 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One day? What to see?

:-)

7. Re: One day? What to see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 06, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Trieste