We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice to Trieste

Which Trieste hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bse
3 posts
Save Topic
Venice to Trieste

Hello, I am planning to travel from venice to trieste, so as to get go Ljubljana, and I was wondering what the best way to get to Trieste was. It doesn't seem to be easy to find out times, fares etc of buses or trains, or whether it is a direct train or not.

Wondering if I could have any help on this!

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice to Trieste

There is one train leaving Santa Lucia station after 10 taking 3.22 hours.

Other 2 trains leave after noon and the second takes 2.07 hours. They are classified regionals, stop almost every stations but they are inexpensive.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,472 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice to Trieste

There are thirteen Regional trains a day from Venice Santa Lucia (S.L.) to Trieste by the shortest route, which costs €11.35. The first leaves at 07.34 and the last after midnight..

For times see http://www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html using a date before June 10. For the cost use a date this week, as fares for these trains are NA online more than seven days in advance but do not change. Buy ticket in Italy, as there are no advance reductions and no reservations on these trains.

Note that there are other trains from SL which go by a longer route, and yet more trains from Venezia Mestre on the mainland.

3. Re: Venice to Trieste

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:40 am, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Trieste