We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trieste car hire and buses

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Trieste car hire and buses

Hi,

I am staying in Venice for 2 days at the end of June and then will be making my way to Lovran in Istria. We will not be taking the ferry and so thought that it would be best to take the train to Trieste bus station and hire a car for the rest of the way (we fly back from Trieste Airport 2 weeks later). I am trying to decide whether to pick up the car at the airport or from Trieste city. Are there car hire places next to the bus station? Also, I would welcome any views on driving down to Lovran and whether it would be better/safer to get the bus to Opatija and hire a car from there. Any advice greatly appreciated. I am particularly wanting to make the travel easy as since I booked this my partner has injured their leg.

Treviso, Italy
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trieste car hire and buses

Hello.

At Trieste bus station there are two car hire companies:

- Avis phone number 040.421521

- Herz phone number 040.418946

At Trieste train station there is one car hire company:

- Noleggio Auto Maggiore

from Mondays to Saturdays

9.00 - 19.00

Sundays

9.30 - 13.30

phone number 040.421323

Bye bye

2. Re: Trieste car hire and buses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:23 am, October 22, 2009