We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Rimini & Cattolica in December

Riyadh
Level Contributor
66 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Rimini & Cattolica in December

Hi fellas, I'm back again in the forum. I'm planning to visit Rimini/Cattolica in this December for X'mass and need to get an idea what it's like before-hand. Appreciate your usual feedback for the same. I'll be visiting San Marino as well in between and would probably stay for one night over there. Just check out the following and advice.

1.What's the best way to travel between Milan to Rimini?

2.Is Milan the best arrival point from Riyadh or do I have to research Rome/Venice as well? (convenience-wise)

3.What are the main attractions in Rimini other than the beach-related activities?

4.How about the Cattolica area? Things to do?

5.I need to visit San Marino in between? What is the best way? What should I do/visit in San Marino other than the F1 track?

6.I'm thinking to spend one night in San Marino? Would that be enough?

7.Any recommended places to buy designer brands in San Marino?

8.Finally, I'm hoping to visit any other country nearby? Is Germany a good option?

Cheers!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Rimini
Rimini
Province of Rimini, Italy
Cattolica
Cattolica
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Germany
Germany
Europe
Vignola, Italy
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Trip to Rimini & Cattolica in December

Dear Hiru,

about F1 if your uncle have a car to loan you or he likes too, you can do a trip to Modena and Bologna to visit some museums. The Imola pit isn't so interesting in winter and probably the most is closed due there won't races.

In my opinion visit some museums could be much more interesting for an F1 lover. In Modena, close to the train station, there is the the Enzo Ferrari Museum (MEF http://www.museocasaenzoferrari.it/ ), dedicated to "the Drake", and in Maranello (17Km from Modena) there is the Ferrari's Museum ( museo.ferrari.com ). You can do a daily trip by train from Rimini to Modena (1.5 hours far, depending about which kind of train you take): there is a shuttle who connect the two museums, so are easy to reach.

If you have a car there are even some more interesting museums (a little much tricky to reach by public transport), like the Ducati museum in Bologna and the Lamborghini museum.

BTW: remember that the 25/12 and the 01/01 the museums could be closed.

Mentioned in this post
Modena
Modena
Province of Modena, Italy
Bologna
Bologna
Province of Bologna, Italy
Imola
Imola
Province of Bologna, Italy
Maranello
Maranello
Province of Modena, Italy
Rimini
Rimini
Lamborghini Museum
Lamborghini Museum
708 Reviews
Sant'Agata Bolognese, Italy
Riyadh
Level Contributor
66 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Trip to Rimini & Cattolica in December

Many thanks Turambar. This information is really helpful for me to finalize the plan. Cheers!!!!!!!!!

Riyadh
Level Contributor
66 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Trip to Rimini & Cattolica in December

Thanks a lot gepporello for the great input. Feeling happy with experts like you in the forum. Cheers!!!!!!

Bellaria-Igea...
Level Contributor
13,301 posts
372 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Trip to Rimini & Cattolica in December

@Hirutraveller

Please don't come to Rimini or Cattolica for Christmas. It's a "Death" destination. It's a family celebration over here and there won't even be a bar or a restaurant open. Nothing going on on the 25th and 26th of December.

Mentioned in this post
Rimini
Rimini
Cattolica
Cattolica
Nova Gorica...
Level Contributor
41 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Trip to Rimini & Cattolica in December

Your uncle is living in Cattolica. Do you like people's traditional activities? Harbour (it is small) is full of fishing boats getting in and out. It depends on season. Ask your uncle. It is very interesting. There is no such a place far away. And more there are some very good restaurants there.

Enprimorc

Mentioned in this post
Cattolica
Cattolica
16. Re: Trip to Rimini & Cattolica in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Rimini
Recent Conversations