We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mixed Crowd in Rimini?

Which Rimini hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ny
11 posts
Save Topic
Mixed Crowd in Rimini?

I am planning a trip for a family of 7 ranging from age 23 - 80 during the month of July 2013. Interested in mainly a beach vacation. I am looking for possibly an all inclusive package deal. Would like a place in walking distance to beach but also in walking distance to local pubs. Interested in a mixed crowed. While reading some Rimini reviews, it appears to cater to a 'spring break' crowd. I found the Hotel Cristallo in Rimini to be appealing. Any advise?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Mixed Crowd in Rimini?

I am going to Rimini in Sept.3rd. for a week and staying in The Best Western Milton hotel,is this a central location near the old town as we will not be driving and like to be able to walk to restaurants in the evening, also we would like to take a trip to Assisi one day so is Rimini better placed than going further down the coast, we like to be on the seafront as my wife likes to swim everyday,we have never been to this part of Italy before so would like to know if we are in the right area for seniors?

Bellaria-Igea...
Level Contributor
12,773 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Mixed Crowd in Rimini?

First of all You did well booking the Milton hotel. A wonderfull place. It's situated not that far away from the harbour at 100 meters from the beach, 20 minutes walk to the city center (old part) and regarding restaurants You won't have any problems finding some. I personally advice You Il Lurido and Le 4 Colonne if You prefer to eat fish or Osteria De Borg and La Tiresia for meat.

Every local travel agency can sell You a day trip to Assisi, mostly combined with Perugia. If not, You can always take the train to Assisi if You prefer to visit only that place.

There is no right place for seniors in Rimini, all Rimini is ok for young and not so young visitors. Your hotel is at a few steps away from the famous Grand Hotel of Rimini.

Enjoy your stay!

Edited: 9:11 am, May 15, 2013
Vignola, Italy
Level Contributor
2,765 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Mixed Crowd in Rimini?

Hi, a question about Il Lurido, since you often suggest it for fish. I'm not updated, but years ago this restaurant was famous even because they prepare only fresh and local fish and mussels. This mean that during the period June-August, when the fishing is closed, they prepare mostly meat dishes. And of course even during other months the dishes was different depending what is available. Has changed now? Because it was a very good policy.

Thanks

Bellaria-Igea...
Level Contributor
12,773 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Mixed Crowd in Rimini?

In the Lurido You can only get fish and nothing else. The fishing is only closed +/- 3 weeks during the month of August and the Lurido closes as well during this period of the year. So they resolved the problem of not being able to serve fresh fish.

Now be carefull, even in this restaurant they serve frozen fish, like the king prawns. We don't have them over here, so fresh or frozen doesn't make such a big difference in this case. But the rest of the fish is mostly fresh.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Mixed Crowd in Rimini?

Thank you very much for your restaurant suggestions and info. on Assisi and it is nice to know we have chosen a nice hotel as there are so many in the area,may I ask you one more question as you know the area so well, I am coming from Bologna by train and would like to know the station to go to in Rimini that would leave me nearest to The Milton??

Thanks again for your help.

Bellaria-Igea...
Level Contributor
12,773 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Mixed Crowd in Rimini?

There is only 1 station in Rimini, all the others are called Rimini-Miramare or Rimini-Fiera. With other words, You need to get off the train in RIMINI. But if You take a direct train You can't miss it. From the railwaystation to the Hotel milton is less then 5 minutes by taxi, more or less € 12.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Mixed Crowd in Rimini?

Thanks again for that info. which has been really useful ,if you are passing the Milton between the 3rd. & 10th. Sept. I will buy you a beer!!

Bellaria-Igea...
Level Contributor
12,773 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Mixed Crowd in Rimini?

That's a deal! I pass every night in front of the hotel Milton when I finish working!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Mixed Crowd in Rimini?

Will contact you towards the end of August,look forward to having a beer with you in Rimini.

Gerry

Bellaria-Igea...
Level Contributor
12,773 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Mixed Crowd in Rimini?

@zenmode

Did You decide where to go?