We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rimini hotels

Surrey
3 posts
Save Topic
rimini hotels

We have booked last minute to go to Italy in September and the only hotel we found available is the Mercure La Gradisca, Rimini. Anyone been? We are taking our baby son and we do believe that most of Italy is great for kids, anyway.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Hotel La Gradisca
Hotel La Gradisca
453 Reviews
Rimini, Italy
Hotel Stresa
Hotel Stresa
#2 of 632 hotels in Rimini
Up Hotel
Up Hotel
#4 of 632 hotels in Rimini
Erbavoglio Hotel
Erbavoglio Hotel
#5 of 632 hotels in Rimini
st lucia
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: rimini hotels

Don't know that Rimini is the ideal resort with a young baby. It's big busy and also noisy a large style Blackpool really. You might want to try Cattolica further down the coast which is much less frenetic and more suitable for a young baby. Having said all that, the Gradisca is a lovely hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Rimini
Rimini
Province of Rimini, Italy
Blackpool
Blackpool
Lancashire, UK
Cattolica
Cattolica
Bologna, Italy
Level Contributor
206 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rimini hotels

Where exactly in Rimini? In September is not so busy as in August. If you travel with kids the best part is close to the port. I dont know hotel gradisca sorry. I know some good and cheap hotels in Rimini but...you've already booked...Anyway riveira romagnola is a very welcome place (that's why they succeed) and I'm sure you will have a nice trip.

Mentioned in this post
Rimini
Rimini
Newcastle
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rimini hotels

Hi, I stayed at Miramare which is on the opposite side of Rimini to Riccione and Cattolica, at Miramare there are many good and reasonably priced hotels.

Mentioned in this post
Miramare
Miramare
Rimini, Italy
Rimini
Rimini
Riccione
Riccione
Cattolica
Cattolica
st lucia
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: rimini hotels

Miramare is run down and not the best of areas for safety either. The area near the port has some hotels but nothing else really and quite far to get into town as you have to cross the canal (I take it Gamballs was thinking about the San Giuliano area which is down at the new marina side of town).

The area where Gradisca is is the best part of town to be if you really want to go to Rimini. It's known as Marina centro and is where you will find the best hotels and also the best shops. Miramare is full of cheap junkie tourist rubbish.

If you do decide on Rimini then the choice of Gradisca isn't a bad one.

Take great care on the local buses as they are full of pickpockets.

Give the old town a visit as this is where you will find the real Rimini and the best shops.

Mentioned in this post
Miramare
Miramare
Rimini, Italy
Rimini
Rimini
Marina Centro
Marina Centro
78 Reviews
Rimini, Italy
Bologna, Italy
Level Contributor
206 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rimini hotels

I said Rimini, not San Giuliano Mare, Marina centro is close to the port on the Rimini side. I agree that's nice

Mentioned in this post
Rimini
Rimini
Marina Centro
Marina Centro
78 Reviews
Rimini, Italy
st lucia
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: rimini hotels

San Giuliano Mare is still Rimini as is Miramare, Rivabello etc etc. For someone who doesn't know the resort it can be difficult to decide if it's all one resort or various ones. The names given are the names of the various sections of Rimini.

The area nearest to the airport and to Riccione is called Miramare. It then moves down passing through Rivazzura Bellariva, Marina Centro,San Giuliano Mare and Bellaria.They are all Rimini!!

The port is situated at the Marina Centro area and a canal separates this area and San Giuliano Mare.

There is then the old borg of Borgo San Giuliano where Fellini was born and also with a few good typical restuarants.Acero Rosso being the best one.

The old part of town Rimini centro has many fine points of interest including the arch of Augustus and the Tiberius bridge.

From Miramare to the centre there is a tram which runs all the way down to the old town. Finding your bearings in Rimini is easy if you follow the tram numbers which are located above the road. Miramare starts at Tram No 33 and goes all the way down to N°1 which is in Piazza 3 Martiri in the very centre .of the old town.

Hotel Gradisca is located at around Tram N° 11-12 To give you an idea as to where it lies in relation to the centre. It can be easily walked to from this hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Rimini
Rimini
Miramare
Miramare
Rimini, Italy
Riccione
Riccione
Bellariva
Bellariva
Rimini, Italy
Marina Centro
Marina Centro
78 Reviews
Rimini, Italy
Borgo San Giuliano
Borgo San Giuliano
528 Reviews
Rimini, Italy
Rimini centro
Rimini centro
1,197 Reviews
Rimini, Italy
The Tiberius Bridge
The Tiberius Bridge
2,206 Reviews
Rimini, Italy
Bologna, Italy
Level Contributor
206 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rimini hotels

I agree, but Bellaria is not Rimini. It's like Riccione and Cattolica

Mentioned in this post
Rimini
Rimini
Riccione
Riccione
Cattolica
Cattolica
st lucia
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: rimini hotels

Yes in that Bellaria and Igea Marina have a seperate comune or town council but it really just runs all into one from Rimini down.

Cattolica and Riccione are 2 very distinct and different resorts should anyone perhaps get the wrong idea that they are in some way linked or joined together.

Bellaria and Riccione both infact although being 2 resorts in their own right , are almost an extension of Rimini on either side. There has been so much development over the last few years that on driving from Riccione to Bellaria, although some 31 kms apart, it seems just like one big sprawling resort which never ends.

Mentioned in this post
Rimini
Rimini
Cattolica
Cattolica
Riccione
Riccione
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: rimini hotels

i am taking 3 teenagers to a european swim meet in riccione and do not know whether we should stay in rimini or riccione. also does any have any suggestions as to which hotel to stay? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: rimini hotels

Rimini is a lot larger and busier than Riccone.

Mentioned in this post
Rimini
Rimini
Get answers to your questions about Rimini
Recent Conversations