We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madison hotel in cattolica

liverpool
1 post
Save Topic
Madison hotel in cattolica

hi my husband and i are travelling to cattolica end of august for two weeks, we are staying at the hotal Madison, does anyone have any information or pictures, also what are the bast attractions to go and see.

thanks

st lucia
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Madison hotel in cattolica

The Madison is a 4 star hotel (service not quite so) in a quiet location near the harbour end of Cattolica.It's a hotel used for large groups and by tour operators who get low rates there.

It's only a few steps from the beach and a 10 minute walk from the main resort centre. You are closer to the small resort of Gabicce Mare which is only across the harbour by a small footbridge. It's I think an ideal spot as you can enjoy both the resorts of Cattolica and Gabicce and there are lots of restuarants etc near by. Try Samanas just in the centre across from the hotel the pizzas are one of the best in Cattolica and also cheaper than most too.

You must visit Gradara which is only a short trip on the small Noddy Train or by local bus. Gradara is a beautifull walled Medieval city and you should visit during the day and also an evening trip where perhaps a meal in one of the local restuarants would provide a lovely change from the Madison food!!!

Gabicce Monte is also very nice with 3 fine dining restuarants (Zenzero & Zafferano is by far the best and they speak excellent English too) and wonderful views. Don't eat at the Bel Sit as it's the worst one although the views and large terrace may be appealing.

San Marino is also within a days visit-----don't go on the tour excursion-----I take it you're going with Mytravel----ex Airtours (they use the Madison a lot). You can book the coach to San Marino in any travel agents----try Giunta Viaggi in the main square-----this way you save money and gain time as you can decide the day you want to go and how long to stay there-------It's all shops in San Marino so you don't need a guide with you.

You should also take the train down the coast to Pesaro (15 minutes) and from there you could even catch the bus to Urbino.

I'm sure you'll enjoy Cattolica and going end of August should be a bit quieter than mid August.

wales
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madison hotel in cattolica

I was thinking of going to San Marino and had hoped to do it as an excursion with through airtours. After reading posts on here though it seems the best bet may be to visit on of the travel agents in Cattolica. Do you know of a travel agents near to Hotel Maxim that would have someone english speaking?

Will be flyin out in a couple of days and really looking forward to it...... I read somewhere on line that Italy is in for a bit of a heatwave.....weather is pretty miserable here at the mo

st lucia
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Madison hotel in cattolica

Hi Torypops bet you cann't wait to get here. I suggest you go to San Marino on the local bus. Well it's not a local bus in the sense that you turn up at the stop and get on. It's a private coach company and very reliable too you need to book in a travel agents. I suggest you go to Giunta Viaggi which is in the mainsquare where the fountains are it's a glass fronted office and sits on the corner. They speak English there so you will have no problems. It's how many people go to San Marino, you save money and gain time. The journey is approx 45 mins to an hour and well worth it. The coaches also go everyday so you aren't tied to the set days and times of Airtours which in the end go with various other agencies too as they don't have their own coaches for excursions and use local coaches just the same.

A good idea is to go in the morning and also on a day when Airtours aren't going as all the agencies are there and it gets very busy in the afternoons.

Are you arriving on Tuesday? I might just pop down and see you at the MAXIM. Have a great holiday.

OOOPS nearly forgot to tell you about the weather--------today has been lovely. It has been a bit mixed weather recently but still better than the U.K. We have had some storms but they clear up very quickly. They are saying that there is going to be a heatwave this week so there you go bring the sun tan lotions.

wales
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Madison hotel in cattolica

Many thanks Suzywong.

Yeah I really am looking forward to going, just the flight to get out of the way.....I'm a very nervous flier but at least it's a pretty short flight!

I hadn't thought of looking to book excursions with local agents before so I'm very grateful for your advice.

I have tons of sun lotion and after sun...it's probably most of the weight in my case!! Really looking forward to seeing some sun, the forcast for the UK is very wet and miserable...YUK

st lucia
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Madison hotel in cattolica

At the end of the day, booking with local agents is exactly what the tour operators like Airtours do themselves. They don't have the licence to do excursions under their own name and so have to use local agents too so you save money in the end.

Anything you need don't hesitate to ask and if I can be of any assistance when you're in Cattolica then just shout----would be delighted to help.

Get answers to your questions about Rimini