We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis at port?

Florida
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Topic
Taxis at port?

We'll be in Ravenna in June, 2012. Are taxis readily available at the port? Trying to decide whether we want to take a shore ex from the ship or not. We'd really prefer a private tour. Thanks.

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis at port?

Yes there are taxis at the port.

Florida
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis at port?

Thank you again...sorry for so many questions. I am gathering all my research/information for our trip leaving May, 2012! I don't know what I would do without the TA information!

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
11,107 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis at port?

I saved this link for my visit this past September. tripadvisor.com/…33820391

Ravenna is very walkable and you can get a map from the tourist office. For more research/info, use the search bar above the posts. Agatha is a wealth of information, her input made my visit go remarkably well.

Have a wonderful visit to this wonderful gem of a city, the mosaics are priceless. In late September there were no lines and few people, I was there for 3 days.

Florida
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis at port?

This is GREAT information, thank you so much. How did you end up getting into the city? Did you take the taxi? If so, did you have to walk a long distance to get one? My husband has slight mobility issues (not too bad, but walks with cane) so I'd like to save our strength for walking around Ravenna rather than walking a distance for the taxi.

Thanks again!!

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
11,107 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis at port?

Sunny, I arrived by train so I haven't any knowledge of the distance between the ships and the taxi stand. Have a look at www.cruisecritic.com, a sister site of TA, and post your question there and try the search bar.

Florida
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxis at port?

I will do that...thanks for your quick response.

Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxis at port?

Hello from Denver, Colorado, USA. We'll be arriving in Ravenna on the Pullmantur Zenith in April and will be traveling via train from Ravenna to Milan. I'm wondering about travel from the cruise port to the train station. Could you please provide some information regarding what forms of transportation (ferry, taxi, etc) that we will need?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxis at port?

Can someone tell me exactly where the cruise ships dock, and how far it is to the train station? I just want to get an idea if it's walkable from the port to the train station or if a taxi is necessary?

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxis at port?

It is not walkable. You will need a taxi or take the cruise bus or perhaps you can use the public bus.

There will be taxis at the docks to provide transportation to the passengers.

You realize that you will probably have to change trains in Bologna to reach Milan. Re savytraveler

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxis at port?

The cruise ships dock at Porto Corsini. It is a small place situated north of Ravenna. There is bus service to take passengers into Ravennna.