We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anywhere to rent bikes at the cruise port in Ravenna?

New York City
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anywhere to rent bikes at the cruise port in Ravenna?

We are arriving on a cruise ship to the port and would like to be able to rent bikes to got to the downtown and bike the length of the beaches without taking a tour. Does anyone know if there is a place to rent bikes or scooters close to the cruise port terminal?

Thanks

In advance.

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anywhere to rent bikes at the cruise port in Ravenna?

There is bike rental at the train station in Ravenna . the port for cruse ships is in or near marina di ravenna. it is a beach town and probably there is a bike rental place in the town.

Mentioned in this post
Ravenna
Ravenna
Province of Ravenna, Italy
Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anywhere to rent bikes at the cruise port in Ravenna?

The ship will dock in Porto Corsini. It is a small place and I am not sure if there is a bike rental place there or not. You could walk into the village and inquire. there a a few food shops and a post office. If they dont have bike rental then hop on the ferry in Porto Corsini and ride to Marina diRavenna . take 5 minutes to get there. This is a large town and a vacqation destinaation for Italians. there will be a bike rental place in the town.

In most of the beach towns in this region You have to ride through a section of trees to reach the beach. I have never seen anyone ride a bike on the beach in 30 years! We ride TO the beach and then park the bike and go swimming.

Mentioned in this post
Porto
Porto
Porto District, Portugal
New York City
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Anywhere to rent bikes at the cruise port in Ravenna?

Thanks for the information! On the google earth I see the beach town of Marina DiRavenna across from the port. There seem to be a lot of beach clubs there can you tell me if you can use the facilities for a fee, or if all you have to do buy food and drinks and you can use the umberella and chairs?

Also, from Marina Di Ravenna if we get bikes would it be practical to bike to the center of the downtown to see the mosaics or if it would be to difficult?

Regarding biking on the beach, I meant really just biking around the beach town and the connections between the beach clubs, not biking on the sand, which I agree with you it would be hard!

Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Ravenna
Ravenna
Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anywhere to rent bikes at the cruise port in Ravenna?

Oh they will be happy to serve u food and drink (even if yu just walk in from the street). If yu want ann umbrella and a chair yu can rent by the day.

Donna Rose is considered by my friends who go to marina di ravenna the best beach club

I would take the bus from the ship into ravenna and see the sites...then take the bus back to Marian di ravenna and do the bike ride.

if it is as hot as it has been in the 90's F i would bag the bike and just sit at the beach after sightseing. but in and around Ravenna are many bike riders...in fact we all ride bikes because the centerof ravenna is closed to cars. so everyone young and old rides or walks in the center of town.

On saturday afternoon marina di ravenna has an open air market which is rather fun.

On wednesday and saturdays ravenna has an open air market in the mornings. It is located near the hospital..

write again if I can help

Mentioned in this post
Ravenna
Ravenna
5. Re: Anywhere to rent bikes at the cruise port in Ravenna?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, October 12, 2012