We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from bologna to st appollinare,classe, and the museum pass

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
28 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
from bologna to st appollinare,classe, and the museum pass

we will be staying in bologna for 4 nights at the end of august, and hope to visit the surrounding cities, and that include a day trip to ravenna. we hope to cover classe's st appollinare, and thence visit the various museum/church attractions and have lunch and maybe dinner in ravenna.

is it better to take a direct train from bologna to classe and then walk to st appolinare from the train station? (the trenitalia website shows that this is possible), or is it better to get off at ravenna train station and then take the #44 bus to classe? what is the bus time table like? i am thinking of saving time, and spending enough time in ravenna.

also, can i buy the combo museum pass at the st appollinare, classe, and then use this later for the attractions in ravenna?

many thanks

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from bologna to st appollinare,classe, and the museum pass

I would take the train to Ravenna from Bologna. In front of the train station the local bues stop. You are right take the no# 44 bus. I would not consider walking in August it will be as hot as an oven! Ravenna is filled with excellent restaurants. for both lunch and dinner.

Ristorante La Gardela is on Via Ponte Marino 3. Closed on thursday.

Osteria del Tempo Perso on Via Gamba 12 open in the evenings Mainly fish.

Ristorante Bella Venezia on Via IV November Closed sunday

Ristorante Al Passatore Via guaccimanni 76. Closed Wednesdays

Since it is august some of these reataurants might be closed for the month.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
28 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from bologna to st appollinare,classe, and the museum pass

thank you

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from bologna to st appollinare,classe, and the museum pass

The tourist officeis located at Via Salare 8/12. You can buy your pass there and obtain maps and useful information.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
28 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from bologna to st appollinare,classe, and the museum pass

wonderful. thank you

5. Re: from bologna to st appollinare,classe, and the museum pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 01, 2012