We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port to city

Belgium
Level Contributor
159 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Port to city

Will be in July with Seabourn in Ravenna.

- is it far walking from terminal to center?

- is there a shuttle bus?

Are the distances far in general for visiting Ravenna or is there easy public transport?

South Gippsland...
3 posts
Save Reply
81. Re: Port to city

Sorry, my mistake. It is the 6th July. Yes I have read a lot of the other posts - on the off chance I was hoping there may have been a annual celebration or similar. I have ready many conflicting reports on the market.

Mercato Comunale This daily!!! covered market in Piazza Costa offers the best local cheeses and finest salumi, fruits, salads, and piadine. Other posts say it is closed. Confirmation here would be appreciated.

Cheers

Marilyn

Ravenna, Italy :(
Level Contributor
739 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Port to city

Nope, 23rd July, that is; and that spot won't be open. Still closed for renovating although it'll open as large market store (under a big regional shop brand, sigh), check out each street corner to find local genuine food shops. Farmers' market only comes on Mon and Thu afternoon in another "Piazza" ("Square"/"Plaza"), and likely to have an hiatus during July-August.

South Gippsland...
3 posts
Save Reply
83. Re: Port to city

Thanks Densou. That is a great help. I am very grateful. I now count the sleeps until I am on my way,

(Yes - I also "sigh" at "the big shop brand development!!" )- we have similar happening in our beautiful Gippsland town.

Level Contributor
739 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
84. Re: Port to city

Considering you'd be here on Sunday: visit what you want to and AFTERWARDS if you struggle to find something open or simply because it'll already end up in lunch break, head back then have your time exploring terminal surroundings (a village + a town <- this merely accessible via ferry from the former)

Street View could already be a must-see to help find your way in EARLY advance, if you want to. Cheers.

Level Contributor
739 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
85. Re: Port to city

Fresh news. This season, some cruise companies made the shuttle bus fare rose up to USD 20$/person (free for babies under 2yrs) - why that: at port, any shuttle bus ticket allows to get a coupon for these: www.ravennantica.it/da_visitare/ regardless of your interest about those spots :/

Edited: 4:23 pm, May 30, 2014
86. Re: Port to city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 01, 2015