We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route from Densenzano to Cinque Terre

auckland
Level Contributor
163 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Best route from Densenzano to Cinque Terre

We have a day to drive to the above destination. Is there a logical scenic route apart from the autostradas? Anything interesting on the way that should be visited? Thank you for your help.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
782 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route from Densenzano to Cinque Terre

Hi howham!

The road "Cisa" between Parma and La Spezia can be interesting to go, but also tiring and time consuming.

Maybe it's better to take motorways (Desenzano-Verona-Modena-Parma-La Spezia) and visit a city along the way. There is plenty of choice between Verona, Mantua and Parma.

Enjoy

auckland
Level Contributor
163 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route from Densenzano to Cinque Terre

Do you mean the SS62? It does look quite slow on google maps but I note that the Michelin maps has it as a tourist road. Is there any particular part of that road worth doing rather than the motorway? I have heard that Mantua is worth visiting, maybe we will have a quick look there. Thank you for your reply.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
782 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best route from Densenzano to Cinque Terre

Yes, I meant the road n. 62.

It may be interesting to follow it in the stretch of the Cisa pass: that is, by abandoning the motorway in Berceto (or even in Fornovo) and returning to it in Pontremoli. But if you're stopping in Mantua I don't believe that all this can be done in a day.

Have a good journey!

4. Re: Best route from Densenzano to Cinque Terre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 11, 2014