We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bologna Centrale at 4:20AM

Which Bologna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Bologna Centrale at 4:20AM

I will be travelling from Munich to Cinque Terre (Vernazza).

My first train from Munich will arrive at Bologna at 4:20AM.

My next train from Bologna until Vernazza will depart at 6:20AM.

Is Bologna Centrale safe at dawn? Because I have 2 hours transit at Bologna (from 4:20 AM until 6:20AM)

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,539 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bologna Centrale at 4:20AM

The station bar opens at 5:00 a.m., the ticket windows at 5:45 a.m., the newsstand/tobacconist at 6:00 a.m.

The food/beverage vending machines are accessible 24/7 (except when out of order).

www.grandistazioni.it/cms/v/index.jsp…

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bologna Centrale at 4:20AM

WanGamer, you have started 4 separate threads on traveling from Munich to Vernazza. Each with the same question. In every one of them experts have advised you not to go through Bologna at 4:20 am, but to catch the same City Night Line train to Florence, arriving at 6:30am. Your trip to CT is much easier from there.

Why are you ignoring this good advice and persisting in your plans to get off in Bologna?

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bologna Centrale at 4:20AM

I once arrived in Bologna Centrale at about midnight from Florence and because I was with three other (larger) guys I felt pretty safe. There were however a few shady looking characters hanging around the station so I would definitely NOT feel safe hanging about on my own for 2 hours at that time.

Gaz, good to see someone promoting the red tins to the world!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
27,735 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bologna Centrale at 4:20AM

The 07.00 train from Florence gets you to Vernazza at exactly the same time as the 06.28 from Bologna.

5. Re: Bologna Centrale at 4:20AM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, March 08, 2015