We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Market - Bologna

Which Bologna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
858 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Market - Bologna

Hi when odes the Christmas market begin, what time does it open in the evening grazie.

Bologna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bologna
Level Contributor
920 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Market - Bologna

There are 2 Xmas markets in Bologna: one is S. Lucia already open but I don't know exactly the time table in any case up to 8 p. m. for sure and maybe later on Sat. night.

The other has not a name and is next to S. Pietro Church, I don't know if it's alreadyy open but in any case it will be in a few days; the same for the hours

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Market - Bologna

We will be in Bologna between 30th December and 4January. Will the Christmas markets still be there?

Bologna
Level Contributor
160 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Market - Bologna

I'm afraid that the "Christmas" market in via Altabella (S.Pietro church) is a big waste of time: cheap stuff, 90% made in PRC, 0% Christmas feeling there.

The S.Lucia market (via Strada Maggiore) is slightly better and bigger, often crowded, too,but, in my opinion, nothing special.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Market - Bologna

Thanks for your reply. So the markets will still be there at that period?

Bologna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bologna
Level Contributor
920 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Market - Bologna

I don't think so they usually close 26-27 december, but you won't miss nothing special; I'm affectionate to S. Lucia because it's a tradition in town, but I don't like the one in Via Altabella; if you want real nice Xmas market you should go to Trentino Alto Adige, Bologna is famous for monuments, university and food but not at all for this kind of attraction.

Edited: 5:38 am, November 21, 2013
Ravenna, Italy :(
Level Contributor
739 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Market - Bologna

decent one: 8th Dec in Faenza.

7. Re: Christmas Market - Bologna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, November 26, 2014