We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help in planning a tour in Bolognia and surrounding

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
75 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Help in planning a tour in Bolognia and surrounding

Hello all experts

My husband and me, on our 70', would like to visit this area in June for 7-10 days. We have a cheap flight to Bolognia and also we realize that hotels there are more economic.

we would like to stay 2 days in Bolognia and tour the other days in cities nearby such as Venice,

Ferrara, Parma, Ferarra, Modena and more.

We do not intend to hire a car but go by trains (or buses) and teturn the same day to our hotel.

Can anyone advise if this reasonable or suggest an alternative?

Thanks ahead

Amazing Italy - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Factory Tours, Food Tours, Day Trips
Associazione Vitruvio
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Motorstars
Sightseeing Tours, Factory Tours, Day Trips
Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Help in planning a tour in Bolognia and surrounding

As for Venice-I used my husbands Hilton Honors to get our room there. All of our other hotels were budget/moderate.

I did find some hotels with low rates and good reviews on Trip Advisor if you decide to go to Venice.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
75 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Help in planning a tour in Bolognia and surrounding

Thanks everybody for your helpful advices.

Silvia

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
75 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Help in planning a tour in Bolognia and surrounding

Thanks again.

Could you please mention the hotels you've stayed in Venice and Bolognia? Were they centrally located?

Thanks ahead.

Silvia

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
75 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Help in planning a tour in Bolognia and surrounding

Hello

Could you please send me a link to the appartment you rent? Please mention it"s locatin , price , WIFI and also if you have photos.

Thanks

Silvia

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
75 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Help in planning a tour in Bolognia and surrounding

Hello again

Finally I booked hotels in cities where we wish to stay and our itinerary as follows:

3 nights in Bolgna ( from where we can take day tips), 2 nights in Firenze, 2 nights in Lucca ,and the last night again in Bologna (our flight will be the next day.

we wish very much to stay one night in Ferrara. We have a chance to do it on the day we leave Lucca and then go to Bologna for our last night.

Looking at the map it seems not reasonable but stil, can anyone advise if this ambitious plan can be done?

And also how mhch time it might take?

Thanks ahead

Silvia

16. Re: Help in planning a tour in Bolognia and surrounding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 20, 2014