We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel or b and b recommendation

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
644 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
hotel or b and b recommendation

just trying to do a little early research....we are planning to come to Bologna (possibly july 2014) We would like some recomendations on hotels or b and b's.

Our criteria: we dont need anything fancy, can be very basic, just a clean comfortable place to stay for 3 or 4 nights that includes breakfast has a private bathroom,,in a good neighbourhood. We would like to stay within $80.00-$100.00 per night canadian price range.

I have just started doing research, and so far the touring hotel looks good, but I would like more info on other places

thanks in advance!

Amazing Italy - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Factory Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Day Trips
Sightseeing Tours, Factory Tours, Day Trips
Associazione Vitruvio
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Free Walking Tour Bologna
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,868 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel or b and b recommendation

Check accommodation www.venere.com www.bed-and-breakfast-in-italy.com

Currency exchange www.xe.com

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
11,817 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel or b and b recommendation

In September 2011, I stayed here for 3 nights: http://www.guercino.it/en/index.html

Bologna is a mecca for trade fairs and conventions, accommodations prices and availability will be dependant upon whether there is an event(s).

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
644 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel or b and b recommendation

thanks for the replies Nurioopta!!!...thanks for all the websites, but as I have reasearched some of those sights, I was hoping to have peoples personal accounts of there experience at either a hotel or b and b

ocpony...I will check ou the guercino Thaks!

Is there a particular area of Bologna that is unsafe?Is walking around Bologna late at night fine?

Also,any personal restaurant reccomendations?(again, as our hotel, we are not extremely picky, but we are both italian parents raised, so enjoy a good italian meal)

thanks again everyone!

Level Contributor
3,197 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel or b and b recommendation

You could try the Hotel Paradise, small very friendly hotel with co-located small serviced apartments as well as the usual hotel rooms. Both types of accom include breakfast at the hotel. It is located about halfway between the railway station and Piazza Maggiore. Well reviewed on TA and they give good local resto recomendations.

About to have our fourth holiday in Bologna in four years and have more or less settled for staying in that general area. Lots of restos/cafes and bars around and along Via Indipendenza one of the main shopping streets which is very near by. Have never felt unsafe there or in and around the city centre. There is, as there is in other Italian cities, lots of grafitti but don't let that put you off. Bologna, being a university city, can be lively in the evenings but have never felt threatened.

There are of course other areas which others may prefer and are able to comment on.

Edited: 11:14 am, April 06, 2013
north carolina
Level Contributor
6,588 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel or b and b recommendation

We like this place; www.hotel-portasanmamolo.it/it/index.html

and there is a nice restaurant, Al Sangiovese, just a few steps away from the hotel.

Burnaby, Canada
Level Contributor
644 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel or b and b recommendation

thanks everyone...!!!if there are any more keep them coming..

7. Re: hotel or b and b recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 08, 2014