We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bologna to Ravenna -- Driving

Seattle
2 posts
Save Topic
Bologna to Ravenna -- Driving

How long does it take to drive to Ravenna from Bologna? I am thinking of a day trip to Ravena to see the mosaics, and wondering if it should be over night at Ravena, or can it be easily done in the aftrnoon and then come back to Bologna for FOOD! Thanks!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,417 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bologna to Ravenna -- Driving

Check the route planner www.viamichelin.com

Train www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html

Bologna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bologna
Level Contributor
974 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bologna to Ravenna -- Driving

Just an afternoon is not enough, but you can go in the morning and come back in the evening, in time to have dinner in Bologna.

the trip is around 1 hour 1/2 depending on traffic.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,325 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bologna to Ravenna -- Driving

I agree with Nurioopta, take the train. When I was in Ravenna it took me about a day and a half to see the various mosaics, and I did not visit St Apollonaire in Classe which was undergoing restoration at the time. You can get good food in Ravenna as well.

Seattle
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bologna to Ravenna -- Driving

Ok thanks! Think we will stay in Ravenna instead of coming back to Bologna. The lodging in Ravenna seems to be a lot more reasonable too.

5. Re: Bologna to Ravenna -- Driving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 02, 2014