We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bologna for New Years Eve?

Which Bologna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Bologna for New Years Eve?

Thinking of spending NYE in Bologna... Is there a street festival/ event on New Years Eve? How do the locals celebrat? Will the museums/shops etc be open during this time? Thanks.

Vignola, Italy
Level Contributor
2,837 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bologna for New Years Eve?

Hello Kat,

usually during the night there is the center (Piazza Maggiore) a show. Sometimes was similar to an acrobatic show. After that there is the "old year burning" and, to close the night, a live concert or a DJ set. Each year the program is different, so you must wait to be closer to the end of December to know something more detailed.

The First of January probably all shops are closed. even the 12/31 someones will be closed (especially in the afternoon). I don't know about museums, probably will be closed the First, but I'm not sure.

Bye

Riccardo

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bologna for New Years Eve?

We were there for NYE last year and what I remember most is fireworks, fireworks, fireworks. Even right out side our hotel, which was about 15mins out of town, there were 3 groups of people letting off fireworks.

So not much sleep that night, but that is all part of the fun of being on holiday!

3. Re: Bologna for New Years Eve?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, December 14, 2013