We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One lunch two dinners...

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
461 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
One lunch two dinners...

We're going to be in Bologna on Friday evening and will be leaving on Sunday morning - so will want lunch on Saturday and dinner on both Friday and Saturday. As it's such a short trip we really want to maximise our chances of a great meal.

We'll be looking for local specialities and I for instance really want to try the tortellini in broth. We love all types of pasta but are also meat and fish fans.

Looking at restaurant reviews Al Sangiovese, La Traviata and II Cantuccio seem three good possibilities. Any comments or alternative suggestions?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,852 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One lunch two dinners...

I had an excellent meal at La Traviata in March. Being that it was March, I had two dishes that incorporated fresh artichokes and they were really very good. Homey, comfortable atmosphere and decent prices.

Do make reservations wherever you are going. It is such a lovely city. I can't wait to return.

Sheffield England
Level Contributor
461 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One lunch two dinners...

I hadn't thought about reservations - but I suppose it's obvious tht Friday and Saturday nights will be busy.

Thank you for making that point.

3. Re: One lunch two dinners...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 19, 2013