We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Bologna

Laguna Beach...
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Bologna

I would like a suggestion for a hotel in Bologna near the city center. Also, I'm thinking of staying there and taking day trips to Modena, Parma, etc.

Liguria, Italy
Level Contributor
752 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Bologna

If you are going to be daytripping out of town more days than you are staying in Bologna, and if you don't want to pay for taxis to and from the train station, then check out the quite nice NH hotel right near the train station. From that hotel, it is a 2-minute walk to the train station and a 15 minute walk from there to the piazza Maggiore, which is the center of the historic district.

If you don't mind paying for taxis (or learning the bus system or walking 20 minutes to and from the train station) then I would recommend one of Bologna's marvelous B&Bs. I am partial to Antica Casa Zucchini, but there are others you can look up on TripAdvsior for reviews.

Bologna...
Level Contributor
27 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Bologna

The Touring Hotel and Hotel San Mamolo are central and very good, there is a bed & breakfast "Cuore nel Bologna" in via Battista, also very central. It´s important to stay in the historic center, than you can do everything by walking.

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Bologna

Take a look at Albergo Centrale in Bologna. http://www.albergocentralebologna.it/

It's a two star hotel but is nicer than a lot of 3 star hotels we've stayed in. It's only about 2 blocks from Piazza Maggiore, the staff was helpful, and there are some good restaurants close by. It's priced right also. We spent 4 days there and loved it.

4. Re: Hotels in Bologna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, July 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bologna