We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central Bologna hotel

Which Bologna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia Pa
Level Contributor
391 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Central Bologna hotel

I am a single senior woman looking for a reasonable central Bologna hotel. Would the Paradise or the Porta San Mamolo be better for me, and which has easier access to the train station?

Littlehampton...
Level Contributor
13 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central Bologna hotel

Try the Drapperie it is right off the main square and you can get a direct short bus ride to the station. You won't find a better position for a hotel and haggle the price. When you see the food shops around the hotel they are to die for

Best of luck its a great place to go

Terry

Philadelphia Pa
Level Contributor
391 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central Bologna hotel

Thank you . I have already booked the Porta San Mamolo, and hope that it is as nice as everyone says it is.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
652 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central Bologna hotel

Does anyone know if the Porta San Mamolo has air conditioning...or maybe a better question is...does one need air conditioning in July in Bologna? Thanks for any information.

milano
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Central Bologna hotel

I have been to hotel porta san mamolo ..it's a lovely place ..you feel really at home .I live in milano and work a lot on bologna ..it's my home away from home .and i have heard that a lot of people loved it too and i'm not surprised for that ..

wish you a good stay ..Ask for Roberto the manager ..he would help with everything....

With my husband we can't ask more he is there for eveything and we use to escape on weekends from milano ...can't find a better place ..

enjoy Bologna and Porta San Mamolo...

regards

l

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
172 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Central Bologna hotel

We're interested in the Albergo delle Drapperie - would love to have the budget for the Porta San Mamolo, it looks/sounds great. Drapperie looks lovely also, and the location seems perfect.

Terry, on the Drapperie's website, a double room is €75 in low season ("non-fair") - do you think we could haggle on this?

Does anyone know if there is a fair on Thurs 22nd and Fri 23rd of June - yes, next week, we're leaving it a bit late...

Really looking forward to it!!!

Littlehampton...
Level Contributor
13 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Central Bologna hotel

you can try but I think they have been watching this site and have hardened on thier prices. however everybody in Bologna gets greeedy when there is a fiar on, but sometimes they trip up and get left with rooms and then you can haggle a bit at the last moment. But Hotel Drapperie is still in the best position, the Restauranst and the food shops outside its door are to die for. I'm a bit of a foodie and this place is heaven.

Best of luck. Terry

rome
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Central Bologna hotel

Rud I don't think there is a trade fair on at the time you mention. There is a video games one nearer the end of the month but that shouldn't affect your dates. Have a look at www.bolognafiera.it there is also an English version.

For the poster asking about air conditioning in July--------yes it might be a good idea as the city can get rather hot and humid in July and August.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
172 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Central Bologna hotel

Many thanks guys. I'd be happy with the €75 if they have rooms available, hopefully they'll respond to my enquiry.

So excited - will be in Italia in a week!!!!! :)

milano
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Central Bologna hotel

dear rud ..

try anyway to call directly the hotel porta san mamolo .Im sure they ll do a special price for you ,as because now is not high season in bologna...let me knw if i can help you .anyt hotel youll choose have a nice staying in bologn a

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
172 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Central Bologna hotel

Thanks, but we've booked the Albergo Drapperie. It looks lovely anyway, so we're looking forward to staying there.

Very very excited about the impending trip to Bologna - reading lots about the city, looking forward to getting to know it..