We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe Bologna parking

Which Bologna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
12 posts
Save Topic
Safe Bologna parking

Hi, we are a multi generation family of 6 travelling by minivan from Venezia to our agriturismo in Tuscany. I would love to stop in Bologna for 3-4 hours before going to our agriturismo near Pontasieve. Any suggestion for safe parking outside of the Bologna historical center, we will have all of our luggage with us and would hate to start our four week cross Italy vacation with an unfortunate event.

I love Bologna and I would dearly love to show it off to my family but not if I would be stressed about getting my car broken into.

Grazie in anticipo per il tuo aiuto!!!

Edited: 12:21 am, today

Vignola, Italy
Level Contributor
2,888 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe Bologna parking

Hi, there are several guarded parking near the center.

I suggest you this one:

Aby-Car S.R.L.

Via Boldrini Cesare 3, 40121 Bologna, BO

051-247237

Is not very big, but you must enter and exit from the same gate, so is quite safe.

For Italian law the car parking isn't responsible for the luggage left on the car, but usually this underground parking are safe.

There are bigger parking, like the airport one, the Piazza 8 agosto, the Autostazione parking, but are less controlled, so more unsafe. If I have things on the car I prefer the Aby-Car or other small parking.

Bye

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
9,726 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe Bologna parking

Can't say how "safe" or secure the parking was but we always park at Piazza 8 Agosto Apco parking. Large modern underground car park.

Thing to remember is that the access is via "Via Alessandrini" then "Via Ciro Menotti".

When you turn right off the "Via Imerio" onto "Via Alessandrini" (a oneway street) make sure you stay in the right hand lane. The right hand lane turns down "Via Ciro Menotti for the car park. The left lane heads to the ZTL. It is a one way system so you can't turn round if you miss the "Via Ciro Menotti". The dreaded ZTLcamera is shortly after this junction

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
171 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe Bologna parking

Good info! Do you know the approximate cost per day for parking at the Piazza 8 parking? My hotel has offered a 9E parking ticket for 24 hour street parking also.

4. Re: Safe Bologna parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, March 28, 2013