We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from forli airport to piazza maggiore,what is the best way?

dublin,ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
from forli airport to piazza maggiore,what is the best way?

hi

just wondering if you know is the bus or train the best way to get from forli airport to bologna city centre (piazza maggiore)?

(ie duration of journey,speed,better timetables,)

i heard that ryanair have a shuttle bus for 10 euro into bologna but not sure what part of bologna it leaves you at!also not sure how often these buses run?is forli train station far from the airport?

also do you know can you book either of the tickets in advance?

any ideas very much appreciated!

Bologna
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from forli airport to piazza maggiore,what is the best way?

RyanAir, the low-cost Irish airline, flies into Bologna Forlì (FRL) which is quite a way outside of Bologna. There is a special direct bus service for the airport which runs to and from Bologna bus station (Autostazione) The timetable for this bus can be found by clicking on the link http://www.e-bus.it/go.ebus/aeroporto.r . The single fare is 10€ and you pay the driver on the bus. The journey time is just over one hour. Even though the bus company states that they are not responsible for missing flight connections due to traffic conditions in the three years that I have been using this service on a monthly basis I have never once encountered a delay or have even been remotely close to missing my flight. The service is excellent and the driver will even wait for the flight if he knows it has been delayed slightly so that arriving passengers are not left stranded at the airport. For the return bus journey to Forlì airport, the bus leaves promptly from Bus Stop Number 10 at the Bus station. If the flight is late and the Bus Station is closed when the bus arrives the driver drops passengers at the railway station. To get to Piazza Maggiore from the railway station takes about 10 minutes - you walk straight along via Dell'Independenza and you're there!

Dublin
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from forli airport to piazza maggiore,what is the best way?

Thanks for this information. I took alook at the link for e-bus , but it looks like there is no connecting bus to Bologna on Mondays until 17.45. We intend to take the flight that arrives in at 11.20 in the morning ??.. Please can anyone clarify.

Thanks for any information you can give.

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: from forli airport to piazza maggiore,what is the best way?

In that case take the bus or a taxi to Forli train station and catch one of the frequent trains from there.

Look at www.trenitalia.it for train info in English.

4. Re: from forli airport to piazza maggiore,what is the best way?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:28 am, September 15, 2009