We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Italy Sim Card

St. Louis
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need Italy Sim Card

I will be flying into Bologna. Where is the best place to get a sim card for my phone. Are there different choices?

Bologna, Italy
Level Contributor
206 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Italy Sim Card

I think you can find a sim card at the airport in a "tabaccheria". Otherwise you'll find many "tabaccherie" and cellular company shops in the city center. There are 4 companies: Tim, vodafone, wind and 3, (actually from last monday also carrefour and coop can sell a sim card but i dont know the offers). The 4 i said have got more or less the same tarifs...I use Wind but there isnt such a difference from one to another

Italy
Level Contributor
829 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Italy Sim Card

providing of course, you have a GSM compatible cell.

Annoying detail: last time I bought a SIM card, they asked an id card and made a copy of it.

Bologna
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Italy Sim Card

A TIM sim card costs 3 euros and you get 5 euros of traffic time on it. You can buy them at a TIM shop or a supermarket and you need only show your passport.

4. Re: Need Italy Sim Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 02, 2009