We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Target Rent Car Hire - Any Opinions?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
61 posts
Target Rent Car Hire - Any Opinions?

Hi

I am looking to hire a car in July from Bologna Airport and via anyairportcarhire.com I have found reasonable rates available from the supplier 'targetrent.it'.

Has anyone had any experience of hiring from any of these organizations?

Many thanks

SB

45 replies to this topic
Ravenna, Italy :(
Level Contributor
740 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Target Rent Car Hire - Any Opinions?

hhmmm I'd rather stick with rentalcars as website, the one and only truly reliable (my experience).

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,798 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Target Rent Car Hire - Any Opinions?

Do a search on Target Rental, and see how many unfavourable reviews come up.

AutoEurope is a reputable agency that arranges cheap rentals with the major companies: www.auto-europe.co.uk

Edited: 8:36 am, April 19, 2014
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
61 posts
3. Re: Target Rent Car Hire - Any Opinions?

Thanks for both your replies, I am aware that both Rentalcars and Auto-europe are both car hire brokers, I have previously searched for reviews on Targetrent without success and I was hoping someone on Tripadvisor may have had some direct experience with this company.

I would prefer to hire a vehicle from one of the usual suspects i.e. Hertz or Avis but at present their prices are very expensive.

Any further advice would be much appreciated.

SB

4. Re: Target Rent Car Hire - Any Opinions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, July 30, 2015

Windsor, United...
2 posts
5. Re: Target Rent Car Hire - Any Opinions?

I had an experience on hiring with Targetrent in sicily last year. I was in the small island of Pantelleria. The price was quite high, 150 pounds for 4 days (small car). But I must say that all was ok.

SAN BARTOLOME DE...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Target Rent Car Hire - Any Opinions?

Try with easycar.com

Don´t use Thrifty, is a theft.

7. Re: Target Rent Car Hire - Any Opinions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, July 30, 2015

Level Contributor
1 post
64 reviews
8. Re: Target Rent Car Hire - Any Opinions?

Hello!

I'm looking for a car in Italy and i see Target Rent with his low price. Could you tell me about your experience?

Thanks in advance.

BR, Valentina.

Arnedo, Spain
1 post
9. Re: Target Rent Car Hire - Any Opinions?

Hello

I just rent a car with Target in Bergamo airport. The company there is called AUTOVIA BERGAMO. The experience has been really bad. They have charged me 450 euros for some scratches in one of the wheels that I do not think we did it. I had an insurance that I paid on internet, and they say I have to deal with the insurance company but I have to pay them for the damage. Everything was very confusing, the parking was really far away, and the behave of the company really bad. I definetly will never hire a car with them ever again.

Fatima Spain

1 post
10. Re: Target Rent Car Hire - Any Opinions?

I am planning to rent a car from ALGHERO Airport via rentalcar.com; has anyone had an experience with Target Rent company?

Reply to: Target Rent Car Hire - Any Opinions?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted