We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Rimini Airport to Urbino at late night

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Rimini Airport to Urbino at late night

Hi,

We are a group of 7 people and need to reach Urbino from Rimini Airport. I know the travel options during the day, but we are flying via Rome and use Darwin Airlines, which land at Rimini at 22:05. Could anyone suggest any travel options at that time?

Mentioned in this post
Rimini
Rimini
Province of Rimini, Italy
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Rimini Airport to Urbino at late night

I think you'll either have to spend the night in Rimini or hire a private driver with a van to meet you at the airport. The normal way to get to Urbino from Rimini would be to take a train from Rimini station to Pesaro and a bus from there. However, you could only get as far as Pesaro at that hour. There are trains leaving Rimini station at 10:36 and at 11:30, but there are no buses leaving Pesaro until the next morning. I'm not sure about how you'd get to the train station; maybe you should ask that in the Rimini forum.

You can find train schedules here:

http://www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html

Here are schedules for the buses:

http://www.adriabus.eu/viewdoc.asp?CO_ID=4556

The 25 and 46 routes are the ones that are usually best. The CS and CD also cover the route, but they're circular routes and may not be the most efficient. Many of the buses also stop in Fano, which is the next stop on the rail line after Pesaro, and is also nearer Urbino. If you can catch a bus there, it might be best to take the train all the way to Fano. However, fewer trains stop there than in Pesaro.

Mentioned in this post
Rimini
Rimini
Pesaro
Pesaro
Province of Pesaro and Urbino, Italy
Fano
Fano
Luton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Rimini Airport to Urbino at late night

Hi,

Thank you for your message. I spent a lot of time looking through the webpage of Adria. Even if we get to Fano, I am not sure if there would be a transport to Urbino. I also found that it is not possible to rent a car at the airport, all offices are closed at that time. Do you know any private drivers that can provide us with a transfer?

Mentioned in this post
Fano
Fano
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Rimini Airport to Urbino at late night

Here is a page with a list of places that do bus and minibus rentals. I used "with a driver" (in Italian) in the search terms, but I'm not sure all of them provide drivers. Rather than calling, unless you speak Italian, I'd send a fax or email, keeping the English short and simple.

www.riminiturismo.it/309/38/.html…

I imagine it will be very expensive to have a driver take you all the way to Urbino. It's 65 kilometers.

You might want to ask also in the Rimini forum.

Edited: 8:46 am, April 11, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Rimini
Rimini
Sant'Angelo in Vado
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Rimini Airport to Urbino at late night

I would suggest either renting a car from the airport/train station in Rimini OR if you need a car hire I can email you the number for a taxi service in Urbino if you'd like (probably cost around 100 Euro)

5. Re: Transport from Rimini Airport to Urbino at late night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Urbino