We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interesting hill towns in Le Marche

ottawa
14 posts
Save Topic
Interesting hill towns in Le Marche

I am planning a trip to Umbria and Le Marche in the autumn 2011.

There does not seem to be a lot of information in books on Le Marche and I was wondering if someone might be able to point me in the direction of some interesting hill towns.

I understand there may be some decent discount shopping in the towns around Macerata. We might look into that and then proceed on some back roads, eventually ending up at Ascoli Piceno. I don:t think we will go to the coast,.

We will probably rent an apartment somewhere to the North of Ascoli Piceno.

Any information you can send my way will be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Southern England
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Interesting hill towns in Le Marche

I love Le Marche and have had a holiday home there for nearly 20 years. See my blog:http://alysb.wordpress.com/2008/12/29/hill-towns-of-the-marches/ Please let me know if you find it useful. Buone vacanze! The places I have suggested may not be convenient for you if you are going to be in the south of the region, but if you do go to Urbino maybe you could take in Corinaldo and Mondavio.

12. Re: Interesting hill towns in Le Marche

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 16, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Urbino