We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying in sassocorvaro

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
staying in sassocorvaro

hi

my wife and i are staying at our italian friends house in august.

it is in saaocorvaro,can anyone give me any details on the area,and what is there to do?

thanks

jim

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying in sassocorvaro

sorry i meant sassocorvaro

Urbino, Italy
Level Contributor
64 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying in sassocorvaro

Sassocorvaro is a tiny not very nice village with one of the most beautiful fortresses in northern Le Marche. The Rocca is absolutely stunning and the tiny theatre inside it is a treat.

Sassocorvaro is very near Urbino, Urbania and San Leo, some of my personal favourites in this area. In Urbania you can also visit a beautiful everyday-use-pottery expo and buy great majolica.

There are more really nice places like Pennabilli, Montefiore in Conca, Macerata Feltria, Sant'Angelo in Vado and much more. The Sasso Simone e Simoncello Park is also nearby for nice walks.

I'm sure that your friends will suggest much more!

Have a great stay in northern Le Marche!

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: staying in sassocorvaro

hi giulia

thanks for your comments,is there any restuarants nearby?.

i appreciate your time to let me know.

thanks again

jim

Urbino, Italy
Level Contributor
64 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: staying in sassocorvaro

My favourite very near Sassocorvaro is Ristorante La Gatta in Lunano, but I recently had mixed experiences and reviews from guests that ate there. My really favourite a bit further away is Osteria del Cucco in Urbania and Trattosteria in Fermignano.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: staying in sassocorvaro

thanks again giulia for your good advise.

one more thing to ask you,is that you had said in another reply that sassocorvaro was not a very nice village.

may i askyou what you meant,as you have me a little worried.

thanks again

jim

Urbino, Italy
Level Contributor
64 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: staying in sassocorvaro

Let's see.... Sassocorvaro has nice bits and less nice bits, as many villages in Italy and the rest of the world... The "problem" in Sassocorvaro is an ugly parking and sort of commercial area just next to the amazing Rocca...

But the Rocca is very very nice and there's a nice tiny centre and in Mercatale the lake is also beautiful. I don't know where your friends live but I'm sure that you'll really enjoy your stay with them in Sassocorvaro and visiting the surrounding area that is really really nice.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: staying in sassocorvaro

once more many thanks for your input,we dont know what to expect,as our friends dont actually live there now,as they have lived in scotland for many years,and are now quite elderly,but they still keep in contact with their friends over there. my only worry is that we dont speak italian(sorry) and i just hope we will get by.

anyway thanks again for replying to me.

regards

jim

Urbino, Italy
Level Contributor
64 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: staying in sassocorvaro

You'll certainly get by fine: you will not find many people speaking good English but you'll surely find many nice and helpful people willing to understand you, whichever language you may speak!

9. Re: staying in sassocorvaro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, September 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Urbino