We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Ancona

Which Ancona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Topic
Parking in Ancona

Hello. I will travel with my car in Ancona, Italy. I want to stay there for one night and then continue at Florence. I want to learn if the street parking at Ancona is free or not. Which are the ways you can park there ?

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,498 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Ancona

On the streets, you can park if there are lines marking the parking spots. There are three kinds of parking, differentiated by the color of the lines. (This is true, I think, in all of Italy.) If the spaces are marked with yellow lines, they're reserved for special categories, like policemen or doctors. If they're marked by white lines, parking is free, although there may be a time limit. If they're marked by blue lines, you need to pay for the parking; there will be a ticket dispenser in the vicinity. You buy the ticket for the amount of time you want and display it on your dashboard.

If there is a time limit for free parking, you'll see a sign similar to this:

merateonline.it/public/…Merate_Parcheggi1.jpg

The crossed hammers indicates that the limit of 1 hour applies only to workdays (Monday-Saturday, except holidays), from 8 AM to 8 PM. You have to display a "disco orario", with the arrow set to the time you arrived. You can usually buy these from a tobacco shop.

I have to warn you that driving in Ancona isn't easy. There are lots of one-way streets and there are limited traffic zones (ZTL) where only residents and certain service vehicles can enter. We live nearby, and drive there often, but they've recently changed the direction of some streets because of construction, and the signs are very uninformative. We accidentally entered a ZTL the other day, so we will probably get a ticket in a few months.

Edited: 11:49 am, September 21, 2013
2. Re: Parking in Ancona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 23, 2014