We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ancona ferry to train to Florence

Which Ancona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ancona ferry to train to Florence

How much time should I allow myself to disembark the 8 am ferry from Croatia and get to the train to Florence. I want to book train tickets and don't want to be rushed. We will be in Ancona on July 17.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,871 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ancona ferry to train to Florence

I would suggest that you buy your tickets at the train station in Ancona. Your ferry might be delayed, and discounted train tickets are worthless if you miss the train. Even full-price Base tickets are worthless an hour after scheduled departure.

The full-price tickets cost the same no matter when you buy them, so you may as well buy them in Ancona. The train will not sell out.

If you really want to book in advance, I would choose the 10.36 rather than the 09.27.

Vancouver, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ancona ferry to train to Florence

Thank you for your advice. I know that buying a ticket that I can not use is pointless, but the base ticket is quite a bit more expensive than the super economy one. I just hope that 2 1/2 hours is sufficient for any delays. I will have to make my decision soon.

illinois
Level Contributor
541 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ancona ferry to train to Florence

This was covered last year but what is approx cost of taxi in 2013 from ferry to train station unless there is a bus right there which costs? Thanks- we will do this in November and post our experience.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,482 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ancona ferry to train to Florence

There are buses from Piazzale Kennedy, near the ferry port, that go to the train station;; it should be about two stops. The bus numbers are 1 and 4. You will want the bus going to Piazza IV Novembre. A taxi should cost very little, I'd say about 5-7 euros, as they are very near each other. It's only around a mile; you could even walk it if you didn't have much luggage.

illinois
Level Contributor
541 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ancona ferry to train to Florence

grazie

6. Re: Ancona ferry to train to Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 27, 2014