We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ancona ferry port to airport

7 posts
Save Topic
Ancona ferry port to airport

I will need to travel from the port at Ancona to the airport to pick up a rental car. I know there is a taxi service....but is it reasonable? Is there any other way of getting to the ferry port to the airport?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,628 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ancona ferry port to airport

Airport bus from the bus station www.conerobus.it

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ancona ferry port to airport

There is a bus that goes from the train station to the airport. However, there are car rental agencies across from the train station, so I'm not sure why you need to pick the car up at the airport.

7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ancona ferry port to airport

The car rental place here in Australia has advised me that to get a car with a GPS, I only have the airport option....I think I will look into it further. Thanks

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ancona ferry port to airport

That's possible, although it seems a little strange. I've never rented a car at either place, as I live nearby. However, when I've gone to other places, the cost of a GPS rental was so high that it would have been better to buy a GPS unit.

Now I use Google Navigator on my phone, which is free. Google Maps now lets you download the maps in advance, so that you can use Navigator without a 3G connection, if you have access to wifi at your hotel.

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
15 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ancona ferry port to airport

Europcar has closed its town pickup office and now must be picked up from Airport. I believe only major car rental in town is Hertz.

A navigator app on phone is the way to go!

Edited: 1:57 am, March 20, 2013
6. Re: Ancona ferry port to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ancona