We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest train from Ancona to Milan / Bergamo

Which Ancona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Cheapest train from Ancona to Milan / Bergamo

Hello

I am looking to get an absolutely cheapest method of getting from Ancona to Milano. I am not strapped for time, but dont want to spend a day on it either. Please suggest something cheaper, than the trenitalia's 29 euros for one way! Thank you

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,330 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest train from Ancona to Milan / Bergamo

There is nothing I know of that would cost less than €29. Ancona to Milan is some 430 km, and €29 is a bargain!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
27,780 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest train from Ancona to Milan / Bergamo

You may be able to do it cheaper. It is not possible yet to book most trains from Ancona to Milan for dates after June 9. When they are released for booking (which must surely be soon now), it is possible that cheaper Mini tickets will be briefly available until they sell out.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest train from Ancona to Milan / Bergamo

Grazie! Thank you! would you take a guess as to when they can be released?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest train from Ancona to Milan / Bergamo

Can I make several shorter train journey with local trains?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
27,780 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest train from Ancona to Milan / Bergamo

Q3 - no, but certainly before June 9

Q4 - if you mean can you do something like Ancona-Bologna, Bologna-Parma, Parma-Milan on cheap Regional trains rather than on the faster Frecciabianca trains, then yes. This will cost €28.30 on one ticket, which must be used within 24 hours (much longer than normal, because this journey is over 200 km). If you overnight somewhere, you will need separate tickets for each leg and the journey will be a little more expensive.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
11,883 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheapest train from Ancona to Milan / Bergamo

You 'might' be able to get a cheap bus ticket to Bergamo (via Bologna) if you can book at least 2 weeks ahead, according to www.baltour.it.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheapest train from Ancona to Milan / Bergamo

Grazie for advices, but I decided to fly from Split to Milan. Firstly, it is only 31 euros; secondly, it saves me on the sail back to Ancona (40 euro-ish) and then a train ferry to Milan (30 euro ish). So i think I saved at least close to 50 euros by doing that.

Your help is appreciated. For fellow travellers, a flight from Split with EasyJet could be an option

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,883 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheapest train from Ancona to Milan / Bergamo

Good for you, Stig.

Perhaps, had you seen fit to let us have your complete travel plans in the first place we could have given you the same advice about flying and saved a lot of time.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheapest train from Ancona to Milan / Bergamo

Hi FF

my bad, I should have done that. Do you mind perhaps, giving me a few tips on what can I see in one (!) evening (I got all the time, right?! :) in Milano?

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,883 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheapest train from Ancona to Milan / Bergamo

Sure, Stig -- what time is your flight landing? Note that it takes about 50-60 minutes by bus from MXP (T2) to downtown Milan. And when are you leaving next, and out of which airport?