We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa d'Este to Villa Adriana

Which Tivoli hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thailand
Level Contributor
282 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Villa d'Este to Villa Adriana

Hi

I plan to visit Villa d'Este from Rome by metro and cotral bus. After that, i like to visit Villa Adriana as well, kindly suggest how to go from Villa d'Este. I don't drive.

Do I have to book the ticket for both in advance? I plan to go there in mid April.

Thanks for all suggestion.

Phontong

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa d'Este to Villa Adriana

You can use this page:

http://www.cotralspa.it/ENG/TrovaPercorso.asp

From: Click POI (point of interest) and enter Tivoli Villa d'Este. To: Click POI and enter Tivoli Villa Adriana.

Individual tickets might be a few cents cheaper, but the easiest is to buy a three-zone BIRG ticket for 6 Euro that you can use all day long and for all the trips.

Thailand
Level Contributor
282 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa d'Este to Villa Adriana

very helpful site, thank you very much.

You mentioned about the 3-zone ticket, can i buy from the same newstand outside metro station (from Rome, metro line B at Ponte Mammolo station), if not, where can i get this ticket. I understand that ticket is not seat reservation, right?

My route is taking metro from Rome, get off at Ponte Mammolo. Get on the bus to Villa d'Este, after that riding bus to Villa Adriana. Then taking a bus to Ponte Mammolo, metro back to Rome.

Phontong

Marseille, France
Level Contributor
1 post
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa d'Este to Villa Adriana

I think there's a train from Roma Termine or Roma Tiburtina, but once you get to Tivoli station, you've STILL got to take a local COTRAL bus; n° 4

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
50,419 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa d'Este to Villa Adriana

If you use the train to Tivoli, once at Tivoli train station, you don't need to take the Cotral bus to reach Villa d'Este. Just walk across the town (about 10 minutes) and you will find the Villa.

From Villa d'Este, buses go to Villa Adriana. There are two types of buses though. One drops you off 20+ minutes from the entrance. The other drops you off at the door of Villa Adriana. You might need to do some research to see how to figure out which bus is which.

5. Re: Villa d'Este to Villa Adriana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 25, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Tivoli