We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mytaxi - The Taxi App

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
180 posts
23 reviews
mytaxi – The Taxi App

Hi,

going to Rome next weekend and I just found the "mytaxi – The Taxi App" for Android. I created an account, I linked my PayPal account and it shows when the next available cab is and how much would cost my trip.

Did anyone use the app in Rome?

Thanks!

77 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: mytaxi – The Taxi App

We used it Taxi for Android last year with no problems. Don't know about mytaxi.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
180 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: mytaxi – The Taxi App

Using Google Maps and getting the walking directions they are suggesting the prices with mytaxi vs Uber. This is how I got to it.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
3. Re: mytaxi – The Taxi App

I have tried to use it a couple of times unsuccesfully - the main problem was that the taxi they matched with my request would always be from too far away, resulting in weong wait times and costs. I guess this is due to tio few taxis adhering with this system (yet?). On the other hand i have been using it taxi for two years now and am very happy.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
180 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: mytaxi – The Taxi App

Thanks both of you for your feedback!

Can you give me the link for it? Or a better description, please? There are so many apps.

Israel
Level Contributor
3,740 posts
607 reviews
5. Re: mytaxi – The Taxi App

I used mytaxi in Rome with good success. A taxi was identified quickly, and its location, progress in traffic and time to my destination all appeared clearly in the map on the screen.

However, the price quoted is only an estimate, and the driver stated that it is always an UNDERestimate. Furthermore, the PayPal payment is the FINAL meter reading at the end of the journey and not on the original UNDERestimate v

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
180 posts
23 reviews
6. Re: mytaxi – The Taxi App

Thanks Buc_Haish!

I got several feedback from friends saying not to trust the taxi drivers as they can change the rate (night rate instead of day rate) or claiming 75EU instead of a regular 45EU for that specific trip.

What was your experience?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
20 reviews
7. Re: mytaxi – The Taxi App

Here's the link to "it Taxi" app for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details…

And I've never been cheated by a taxi driver in Rome.

Edited: 6:03 pm, September 28, 2016
Turin
Level Contributor
9,671 posts
1 review
8. Re: mytaxi – The Taxi App

The fixed rate from Fiumicino airport to central Rome is 48 €, not 45.'

If you refuse to pay more there isn't much a dishonest driver could do.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
180 posts
23 reviews
9. Re: mytaxi – The Taxi App

Thanks NapOrsoCapo71. I willtake the taxi from Fiumicino to Holiday Inn Rome - Pisana, 22Km.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Holiday+Inn+Rome-Pisana/@41.8687699,12.4093856,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x1325f56652627a9d:0x740b9924fbd25edb!8m2!3d41.8687699!4d12.4115743

Michael, thanks for the link!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
10. Re: mytaxi – The Taxi App

Do not use any app to take a taxi from the airport - just go to the rank of official taxis.

Your hotel is outside of the walls, so the trip does not fall under the fixed rate of €48. You have to go by the meter.

It is not a convenient location for a weekend trip to rome - does the hotel have a shuttle into the city center?

Reply to: mytaxi – The Taxi App
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted