We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Validating 100 minutes BIT ticket

4 posts
Validating 100 minutes BIT ticket

Hi, I've got a question about 100 minute ticket, particularly about its validation. My journey will start with metro and then I'll take a bus. I thought I'd have to validate the ticket only once, when entering the metro station. But the website says:

"Make sure you validate your ticket at the beginning of your journey and when you switch to a Metro line (if you change vehicle within the 100 minute time limit, the ticket has to be validated again to be usable until the end of the journey)".

Do I need to validate my ticket the second time (when entering the bus)?

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
179 posts
325 reviews
174 helpful votes
1. Re: Validating 100 minutes BIT ticket

You don't.

In 100 minutes, you can take several busses but you can enter only one time in the metro.

If you start your trip with metro, you have to vaidate the ticket only one time, in the metro.

If oyu start your trip with a bus, you have to validate the ticket two times: in the first bus and in the metro.

I hope I clarified.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Validating 100 minutes BIT ticket

Hi, if your journey will start with the metro the turnstile will validate the ticket so you don't need to validate it again on the bus.

4 posts
3. Re: Validating 100 minutes BIT ticket

Great, thank you both very much.

Edited: 12:05 pm, September 13, 2016
Le Marche, Italy
Level Contributor
37,738 posts
29 reviews
47 helpful votes
4. Re: Validating 100 minutes BIT ticket

It used to be that you were not permitted to validate a BIT ticket more than once, because a second validation overwrote the time stamp. Now, all the buses and trams have electronic readers, which don't put any stamp on a ticket that's already been validated.

I checked the ATAC page, also in Italian, and it seems to say you have to repass the ticket through the reader when you change to a different vehicle. It's a little ambiguous; maybe they just mean when changing from bus to metro, since you need to pass the ticket through the reader at the turnstile.

Anyway, it won't hurt to do it again on a bus. I myself haven't been doing so.

Turin
Level Contributor
10,126 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Validating 100 minutes BIT ticket

It's quite clear to me, the site says "switch to a metro" and not "switch from one mean of transport to another" for a good reason: You can't pass through the metro turnstiles without inserting a ticket.

They mean: "if you've already stamped on a bus, do not use the open gates for passengers with special needs. Don't worry, the turnstiles are "smart" and they won't overwrite your ticket".

Edited: 6:17 pm, September 13, 2016
6. Re: Validating 100 minutes BIT ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, September 15, 2017