We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus, train, metro week passes in Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
190 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bus, train, metro week passes in Rome

what is the costs for this?

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,831 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus, train, metro week passes in Rome

http://www.atac.roma.it/

It's 4E for a day pass of unlimited rides. That covers both the metro and bus, same ticket. The week pass is 16E. The website gives you maps of routes too, so you might want to check it out.

Level Contributor
190 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus, train, metro week passes in Rome

Thanks Wendymath, have you every heard of Roman Promenades guided tours of the Colleseum and Forum. Have read they are very reasonable and include the fees for 18E.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,831 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus, train, metro week passes in Rome

I only know of them from the website when I was planning my trip last year. Someone who has posted on this forum used them and liked them, and someone who posted on Rick Steves' website also had good things to say. I used Discover Rome for a tour of the Colosseum and Forum and then for a night walking tour. However, they don't have a website that I'm aware of. I saw you asked about Roman Promenades as a separate post, but I am confused about your question.

Level Contributor
190 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus, train, metro week passes in Rome

Wendymath, I had read in a review that the guided tour by Roman Promenade was very good for the Colesseum and Forum. Just wanted their location, website, etc. Thanks again.

DFW, Texas
Level Contributor
157 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus, train, metro week passes in Rome

Is there a website where you can buy the passes ahead of time?

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,831 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus, train, metro week passes in Rome

Cruisin, There is no need to buy a bus/metro pass in advance. Every tobacco shop sells them - there's never a line. Pick them up as you go. In fact, there's a little shop right in front of where all the buses file through at Termini -- they sell magazines, post cards, candy, film, and bus tickets -- plus they dole out good advice.

Washington State
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus, train, metro week passes in Rome

A reminder about the passes is that they need to be dated with the day you are going to begin using them. You write in the date where the ticket asks for it.

We got our ticket right at the train station which also happens to be at FCO airport.

If you are taking a train to Rome from the airport, you will need to by an additional ticket that costs 5E or 10E depending how far in to Rome you are going. This ticket needs to be stamped on the day that you use it. There are little yellow (?) machines that you use to get it date and time stamped.