We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Panda in Rome

Fayetteville...
1 post
Save Topic
Hotel Panda in Rome

I am thinking about booking the Hotel Panda in Rome. They say they have a room large enough for 5 adults, which we have in our party. Anyone have any input on this? It is near the Spanish Steps and cheap, which are good things for us. Also, they say they have availability and want me to send my credit card number to book. This can only be done through email, though, and I dont know if its secure to do that. Anyone have any advice about that? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Panda
Hotel Panda
458 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Spanish Steps
Spanish Steps
18,305 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Panda in Rome

No experience with this hotel. If it is near spanish steps it is centrally located. Looks like the tripadvisor reviews are good.

You can always fax the credit card number to them alongwith other details. Ask them to fax you back the confirmation etc.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Panda in Rome

Stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions on our 3 week trip to Italy this Oct. I e-mailed them my credit card to confirm hotel reservations and had no problem. If you're concerned about your credit card one suggestion is to ask for a decrease in your credit line to perhaps $200 and use that credit card to confirm your hotel reservations. All of the hotels we've stayed in Italy asked for credit card to confirm the reservation so this is not an unusual request. I'll be posting a review of Hotel Panda on this site so check it out.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Panda
Hotel Panda
458 Reviews
Rome, Italy
San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Panda in Rome

We were in Rome 3 weeks ago and stayed at this hotel on two seperate occasions. I confirmed the reservation for a triple room using my credit card and there was no problem. The woman working the front desk sometimes don't check the e-mail everyday so if you don't get a confirmation e-mail w/in a couple days call and confirm. I'll be posting a review of Hotel Panda so watch for it in Trip Advisor's hotel review.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Panda
Hotel Panda
458 Reviews
Rome, Italy
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Panda in Rome

My wife and I stayed at this hotel in April and loved the location. However, the hotel itself, at least our room, was a bit disappointing. It had a damp smell and the bathroom wasn't very impressive. I would probably give it a second chance, just based on location and price.