We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

glamourous hotel in Rome?

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
studio city,ca
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
glamourous hotel in Rome?

Please email me a few incredible hotels in Rome, close to everything with the biggest and nicest rooms there. User reviews differ so its hard to pick one. Any suggestions?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
365 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: glamourous hotel in Rome?

one of the most glamorous hotels in rome and my own personal favourite is the Raphael Hotel by Piazza Navona. The exterior is completely covered in Ivy - and I mean completely - and the location is second to none - and I mean second to none. Finally, the hotel contains an array of modern art and the bathroom tolietries are by Bulgari... need I say more ok then I will - it is magic!

USA
Level Contributor
765 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: glamourous hotel in Rome?

I agree, the Raphael is very nice and a wonderful location next to Piazza Navona. If you want a location next to the Pantheon, the Grand Crowne Plaza Minerva is beautiful. If you are in good shape and don't mind climbing steps, the Hassler at the very top of the Spanish Steps is great. Behind the Hassler, you will find the Hotel Eden, another winner. As you make your way to Via Veneto, you'll find the Bernini Bristol, and way up Via Veneto, you'll collapse into the Excelsior, but it's a splendid place to crash. There are other very nice hotels along Via Veneto, too. Then somewhat off the beaten path but still near the sights, there's the Grand Hotel, all that the name implies.

NC
Level Contributor
3 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: glamourous hotel in Rome?

We stayed at the Excelsior on the Via Veneto in mid Oct and its trully deluxe ad old world. Old world but quite modern in the very very large rooms. These are about the largest rooms I have seen in Europe.PS: we are going back to Rome at Christmas and will stay at the Excelsior

Verona, Italy
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: glamourous hotel in Rome?

whot about Hotel Capo d'Africa, new hotel just nearby the Colosseum, moden and quite.