We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury Rome hotel for 200usd per night.

Canada
Level Contributor
184 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury Rome hotel for 200usd per night.

Hi there,

Im heading to Rome 10-14 December and are wanting

a great, luxury, well located hotel close to the Spanish

steps area.

Am I dreaming with this budget? :)

Any suggestions around this price range would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury Rome hotel for 200usd per night.

I'm afraid so. You can get a fine place for that amount but not a 5-star luxury hotel. Expect to pay around 500+ a night for that (in the centro). 4-stars have a wider range; anywhere from 3-500 (December is also a high season so you won't catch a break there). Try venere.it for the best deals.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
92 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury Rome hotel for 200usd per night.

Hello fellow Canadian.

I fell in love with Roma.

Unfortunately, to get a luxury room in Rome for $200 is a dream. We were there for a week in September last year and stayed at the Genio (Piazza Navona) and just loved it. I did a lot of research and was happy with my choice. I booked with Venere and got what I wanted: a large room (queen bed) with marble bathroom and a view of the Vatican. The breakfast was great. The location is just perfect, you can walk everywhere. The reviews for the Genio on this site are mixed. We truly had a great stay and would return. We travel quite a bit and believe me this hotel was excellent for the price and location.

P.S. The area around the Spanish Steps is nothing to write home about.

Enjoy beautiful Roma.

Ciao Fran

3. Re: Luxury Rome hotel for 200usd per night.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 21, 2009