We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amenities in rooms

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wales
Level Contributor
202 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
amenities in rooms

following on from last posting am travelling around italy in may staying in various hotels mostly 2/3 * are there tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms

most of the hotels don't state whether there is or not just wondered if it was commen practice to provide these facilities as it is here in britain

you know how we brits enjoy are morning cuppa

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,419 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: amenities in rooms

I have not found it a common practice to have tea/coffee making facilities in rooms - Italians do not, on the whole, take kindly to instant coffee.

My wife and I generally find tea not worth drinking in Italy - they will bring you a teabag and a teapot full of warmish water - very rarely anywhere near boiling hot. I put up with the loss for the sake of the undoubted benefits to be found in visiting Italy

West Sussex
Level Contributor
242 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: amenities in rooms

Agree with Robert-J. You are very unlikely to find tea making facilities in Italian hotel rooms. But the coffee in the breakfast room is generally good, so don't bother with the tea (or take your own tea-bags). Note too that Italian croissants are invariably filled with apricot jam - I've never understood why....However, you will undoubtedly eat well in Italy, particularly if you eat where the locals go.

Level Contributor
2,852 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: amenities in rooms

Tea/Coffee makers are rarely provided in the rooms of Italian accommodations. In general, don't expect anything to be in your room unless it is specified on the lodging's website. I've even been in rooms without a clock!