We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to visit Vatican City and Colosseum

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok, Thailand
4 posts
Save Topic
Best way to visit Vatican City and Colosseum

Hi, I checked Internet and this is what I got.

Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel

Full price Euro 16,00 + Online Reservation Euro 4,00

Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine - Individuals

Full price Euro 14,00 + Online Reservation Euro 2,00

May I know if there is different if I purchase ticket online and on the spot? Can I skip the long queue to go into Vatican museum or Colosseum if I purchase ticket online first?

I noticed there are a few website selling fast track to vatican city which cost Euro 25,00. I am not sure what is the different between these two, any thoughts?

Last question will be, what is the best way to visit these place? Shall I get a Roma pass? Omnia Vatican and Rome pass? Book online? Or book fast track?

I am going Rome in early March, will that be long queue at early March? Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,950 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to visit Vatican City and Colosseum

If you buy on the day, you will have to wait in the ticket queues and they can be long. If you book online, you can skip the ticket queues, but will still have to go through a short line for security.

The people selling the more expensive fast-track tickets are just adding their own fee onto the Vatican's prices. You get the same ticket.

A Roma pass is not valid at the Vatican. Neither pass would be worthwhile if you intend to visit only the Vatican Museums and the Colosseum. Buy online, direct from the sights.

Vatican: mv.vatican.va

Colosseum: www.coopculture.it/en/colosseo-e-shop.cfm

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,852 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to visit Vatican City and Colosseum

the omnia pass is a huge waste of time and money. You are much better off just booking entry tickets online for the Vatican museums.

You may save money with the romapass but you'll need to visit at least 3 sites covered by the pass in order to do so. If you won't be visiting any other sites covered by the pass then you're better off just booking the entry tickets online.

These third party vendors are charging you more for the exact same tickets so just purchase from the official vendors and save the extra money.

donna

Singapore
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to visit Vatican City and Colosseum

Hi !

I'm currently planning a trip to Rome in April for me and my girlfriend.

I came across this 'Early Access Sistine Chapel Tickets & Vatican Museum Tickets' from Dark Rome and I was wondering if its worth it or should I just go and buy the normal tickets from the official Vatican website.

Any suggestions will help !

Thanks !

Bangkok, Thailand
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to visit Vatican City and Colosseum

Hi Donna and sydneynick,

Thanks for the great info, I just bought online both ticket.

Ready to go....

5. Re: Best way to visit Vatican City and Colosseum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, March 08, 2015