We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trastevere - MyApARTsuite - Is this any good

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
BeantownBoss
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Trastevere - MyApARTsuite - Is this any good

Would anyone have some advice on this hotel:

www.myapartsuite.net

I don't see any reviews on here, which is usually my gauge....when I asked them why no reviews they said they are new. Does anyone know the area they are in, seem OK?

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
30,883 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trastevere - MyApARTsuite - Is this any good

Have you checked the location on googlemaps? You're not close to anything. The apartments look nice but I did notice when checking the purple apartment that there is no fridge. This would be of concern to me. Study the pictures carefully to see what is not pictured. I also didn't see a single picture of the bathroom (I know there is one but I like to see pics to get a feel for how big or small they are). I only looked at the purple apartment and while it looks beautiful, the lack of certain pictures and the location would have me looking elsewhere.

Donna

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trastevere - MyApARTsuite - Is this any good

We are thinking of booking these apartments also. There are pictures of the bathroom in black & white suites 1 and 2.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trastevere - MyApARTsuite - Is this any good

It looks more like an apartment broker than a brick and mortar hotel. Is there a hotel at the physical address or a mailbox?

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trastevere - MyApARTsuite - Is this any good

I booked 2 appartments for next april. It looks very nice and not so far to the tram station.

I will give my feedback. The contact for booking was very friendly.

melb aust
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trastevere - MyApARTsuite - Is this any good

can I ask how much you paid for the April stay? we are thinking to book for Oct.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,116 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trastevere - MyApARTsuite - Is this any good

The addresses are all slightly different numbers on Via Portuense and I think are probably serviced apartments in one long building. I can't really navigate the wanky website. Purple apartment is listed as having a fridge but I can't get to see the rooms properly and that would absolutely dissuade me.

Edited: 3:28 am, April 06, 2014
Passo Corese, Italy
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trastevere - MyApARTsuite - Is this any good

Oh, I know that place - the building in which these apartments are located is brand-new and its location is just fine. Tram # 8 stop is located not even five minutes away by foot, on viale Trastevere. Said tram will also bring you to Trastevere, near Campo de' Fiori (via Arenula) and then piazza Venezia in less than twenty minutes.

Also - if you'd like to explore Testaccio you can go in the opposite direction, walk five minutes, cross the bridge and there you are!

Edited: 4:37 am, April 06, 2014
St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,056 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trastevere - MyApARTsuite - Is this any good

That location is the blue question mark on this google mpa

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms…

It is closer to the train station that it is to most of the Rome tourist sites. That area near the train staiton is post WWII modern and not charming.

Tram 8 (blue line on the map) runs every 15 min and can easily take you to the charming area of Trastever further north or into central Rome at Largo Argentina and Piazza Venezia.

Myself, I would only stay there if I was offered rock bottom rental prices.

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trastevere - MyApARTsuite - Is this any good

I just come back after 4 days spent in Rome. Everything was perfect. The apartments are brand new, in a new building, in the south of TRASTEVERE.We were welcome (in french) by the staff and feeled like home immediatly. We had little gifts in the apartments (easter eggs!!). Be confident, either the bathroom, the kitchen and the whole apartment are well furnished and equipped. We had a very large terrace which faces a typical Rome building. The river is just behind the building.

Great location around 200m from tram8 which drives you in the center in less than 10 mn. some restaurants in the area (osterria da Fernanda is less than 50m) And a "simply market" just nextdoor.

Definitly a good address for families .

10. Re: Trastevere - MyApARTsuite - Is this any good

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:02 am, July 31, 2014