We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel

united kingdom
12 posts
Save Topic
hotel

first time in rome 5 of us going for a weekend .has any one stayed at motel river ? Tiburtina .how far are we from Ciampino Airport? welcome all advice

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel

hi there, i wouldnt suggest staying in tiburtina, it is a large station and there are many homeless people living there. you are much better of staying in a more central location like colosseum, spanish steps or piazza navona. you can go out safely at night time and it wont cost you 20 euro to get back to the motel. i suggest www.arenahouse.com if you want cheap guest house accommodation near the colosseum.

united kingdom
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel

Thank's for replying already bookes flight and hotel for 5 of us .Plan was to take daughter over for her 21st with freind's.We arriving midnight at Ciampino Airport what is best transport to get us to the motel river.We have 1 whole day in Rome and will want to be were the action is come night time ! maniclassuk@hotmail.com thanks for replying ...littlte worried now !

united kingdom
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel

would wellcome any more advice from you as you are the only one replied .have you stayed in the area? what is there to do ?it to late to change arrangements .email thanks again

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel

The Motel River is 25 km out on the Via Tiburtina. It is very far out and I really don't know what you will find out there! To get there from Ciampino you may have to go into Rome and then back out - all roads lead to Rome, remember. They come out from the city centre like spokes on a wheel really!

Azizona
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel

Just returned from Rome.. I noticed the cheaper the hotel the less English spoken at the hotel and less likely you will get a fully clean room. Average hotel prices.....85-95 Euros for a three start. Ask to see the room before you pay and do not be afraid to not book and wait until you get there. There are lots of hotels to choose from with in walking distince. Pack light! You will be gald you did!

6. Re: hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:48 am, February 24, 2005
united kingdom
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel

thanks Roma ! to late we already booked up ......