I will be traveling to Rome for 1 week and was curious if the following will work:
1. Arrive at FCO.
2. Head to Leonardo Express/train/transit area.
3. Buy two single Leonardo Express tickets.
4. Also (if available) at FCO, buy a Metro/Bus/Tram CIS ticket (7-day) or do this at Termini.
5. Validate one of the Leonardo Express tickets for travel *to* Rome Termini in the yellow box.
6. Arrive Termini station, use Metro CIS ticket to travel to a stop closer to hotel.
[ .. visit .. ]
7. Morning of return, purchase metro ticket to Termini station (or walk)
8. Use previously purchased (unvalidated) Leonardo Express ticket *to* FCO.
9. Go to line 23/24 in Termini Station at least 30 minutes before departure.
10. Validate the ticket in the yellow box.
11. Return to FCO for return flight.
Also just to confirm, the 7-day CIS pass only needs to be validated once(?) and then you carry it around with you and it is valid for metro, bus and second class in regional trains within Rome, correct?
Will this work/does anyone see any issues?